Poch explains transfers and his ego comments... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Poch explains transfers and his ego comments...

Lets look at the gooners as an example. Before they moved to their new stadium they were winning titles and FA Cups on a regular basis. Something we have never done. They moved to the new stadium to be more competitive.

What happened? They become worse off. Took them 10 years to pay off the debt and they are now worse off than they have ever been in the last 20 years. They have an owner who doesn't care about winning titles or the CL.

Why will ENIC be any different? At what point have they shown they will be?
We can't count on them to be different. As I said in the Levy thread, "None of us will ever be happy without winning things, while it's fair to say that Levy/ENIC have a different idea of winning. As long as that is our ownership, our only hope is that what we define as successful can somehow intersect with what the Club defines as successful to give both groups what we want."

Lets look at the gooners as an example. Before they moved to their new stadium they were winning titles and FA Cups on a regular basis. Something we have never done. They moved to the new stadium to be more competitive.

What happened? They become worse off. Took them 10 years to pay off the debt and they are now worse off than they have ever been in the last 20 years. They have an owner who doesn't care about winning titles or the CL.

I honestly believe that MoPo and his team believe they can build something. And I think we have done it in the right way. To create what the club has created in such a deprived area is a huge achievement. Not leaving out home and the associated infrastructure and community projects and investment all come at a huge financial cost - but I think all fans should be proud that we have done it in the manner in which we have (i get it took longer than we hoped but much was way outside of the clubs control).

The question will be is once we are officially open for business what is the ongoing strategy - we will be an attractive proposition I shouldn't wonder.

Much more than those lot up the road.

Because we will have Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

They wasted so much money, and had so many opportunities to change the dynamic at le arse - they only has themselves to blame; they were loyal to Wenger to the point of self-destruction - there situation today has nothing to do with their new stadium.

It's net effect for them was/is around #100 mill a year additional net additional revenues after finance costs.

Their borard simply became too focused on the shareholders in-fighting and ignored the business of running a football business.

At the end of the day, this whole debacle was of Poch's own making - why oh why that turns into attacking Levy I will never know

Poch's comments about winning silverware were at best injudicious and at worse, down right dumb.

He is now exhibiting all the arrogance and hubris of a manager who thinks he is untouchable and can say whatever he likes, whenever he likes, and doesn't give a flying fook about how it's going to be received.

If I were Levy or a member of the board, I'd be demanding that he takes a much measured and humble tone and is constantly reminded that fans pay big money for attending cup games and don't like being called the equivalent of 'suckers'.

They wasted so much money, and had so many opportunities to change the dynamic at le arse - they only has themselves to blame; they were loyal to Wenger to the point of self-destruction - there situation today has nothing to do with their new stadium.

It's net effect for them was/is around #100 mill a year additional net additional revenues after finance costs.

Their borard simply became too focused on the shareholders in-fighting and ignored the business of running a football business.

They also benefited from purchasing a reletivly cheap brownfield site and having a shift in EIA regulations prior to sticking a shovel in the ground.
Who knew!
They sold their ground off to housing developers and took the cheapest option.
Spammers did worse and as much as it pains me I feel terribly for their fans having to turn up week in week out to that rented home in Stratford.
City got gifted their Stadium.
The continued re-devoplement at Anfieid is another Scouse disaster waiting to happen.
Old trafford is in a car park and will remain so.
At some point, Stamford Bridge will become too much of a prospect for the Russians and they will to do a Le Arse.

Stadium/Club/N17 wise I couldnt be prouder.

I just wish he would stop trying to fill the void Jose has left for comments to the press....

They also benefited from purchasing a reletivly cheap brownfield site and having a shift in EIA regulations prior to sticking a shovel in the ground.
Who knew!
They sold their ground off to housing developers and took the cheapest option.
Spammers did worse and as much as it pains me I feel terribly for their fans having to turn up week in week out to that rented home in Stratford.
City got gifted their Stadium.
The continued re-devoplement at Anfieid is another Scouse disaster waiting to happen.
Old trafford is in a car park and will remain so.
At some point, Stamford Bridge will become too much of a prospect for the Russians and they will to do a Le Arse.

Stadium/Club/N17 wise I couldnt be prouder.

I just wish he would stop trying to fill the void Jose has left for comments to the press....
But it gives us more to talk about between matches!

And best of all, we've ruled North London for the last 4 years.

I can't tell you how long I waited for that.

In that last 4 years they've won 2 FA Cups, until we start winning trophies and league's we will always be in their shadow. There trophy cabinet and recent success is way ahead of us. A few seasons of finishing 1 or 2 places above them doesn't make us rule IMO.

In that last 4 years they've won 2 FA Cups, until we start winning trophies and league's we will always be in their shadow. There trophy cabinet and recent success is way ahead of us. A few seasons of finishing 1 or 2 places above them doesn't make us rule IMO.

Maybe but it irritates them to no end! :rofl:

Spot on this is a reaction to the lead balloon he sent up yesterday. Gleefully seized by Ole Gunnar. He needs to stop talking he is damaging his own brand. He has certainly talked a way the United job

OGS obviously saw it as an opportunity to make it a him Vs Poch thing as he knows he only has a short time to earn the job.

But ironically, they're the best example of what Poch was saying. They sacked LVG immediately after winning the FA Cup, so his bosses probably feel the same as Poch, although might not be daft enough to say it in public.

OGS obviously saw it as an opportunity to make it a him Vs Poch thing as he knows he only has a short time to earn the job.

But ironically, they're the best example of what Poch was saying. They sacked LVG immediately after winning the FA Cup, so his bosses probably feel the same as Poch, although might not be daft enough to say it in public.
Yeah but he has to be smarter than allowing novices to score cheap shots off him. OGS saying " This is Man United we are about winning trophies" then smirking was a real wince inducer. Think about trying to attract top ambitions young players whose sales pitch would attract you out of those two? Well if Poch is only about the money or us genuinely sincere we will find out because he has pretty definitively tied himself to Levys plan. Interesting times ahead.

With proper investment in the squad,there is no reason why we can't win a Cup and finish in the top 4,we wouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other.

And yet they are now on the verge of a financial blackhole that winning domestic trophies cannot save them from...

Ask a gooner how much it hurts to see us in the CL why they have to sit and watch us...

Not once have they hot back and said, 'yeah, you might be in the CL, but we've won the FA cup' ...

They're in decline and we were the catalyst that made it happen.

Maybe you're right but just can't see it mate.

Every team in the top 6 is improving while we are clearly declining. We had our time and got nothing to show for it.

And yet they are now on the verge of a financial blackhole that winning domestic trophies cannot save them from...

Ask a gooner how much it hurts to see us in the CL why they have to sit and watch us...

Not once have they hot back and said, 'yeah, you might be in the CL, but we've won the FA cup' ...

They're in decline and we were the catalyst that made it happen.

What is all this talk of them being in decline? They are investing way more in the squad than we are.

What is all this talk of them being in decline? They are investing way more in the squad than we are.

lol - didn't they spend as much last summer as our net spending for the last 5 years?

My guess is that they are well into their plan to right size the club without CL. Whether what's left is a manager like ours that can get them punching above their weight, who knows.

Know where you're coming from, but don't endorse the Harry comparisons.

Harry was never one striker away from a great side. He was 5-10 average players over quota every season and got himself caught in a sell to buy cycle. He then ended up loaning out over 25's just to get back to a squad of 25. If he had managed his squad better, he wouldn't have wasted his available funds on players salaries that he would never use. He did what Harry typically does, and spun a yarn that his chairman wouldn't buy him a striker. Don't kid a kidder as they say.

Most of Poch's tenure, he's been willing to offload unwanted players and kept his squad small. He has created space constantly for incoming players of a certain quality but not always bought well. He is way more deserving of a big signing than Harry ever was in my opinion, but needs to keep offloading the fringe and applying pressure to his boss to bring in quality.
I don’t deny that Poch is deserving of investment...my point is that with ENIC our squad development plan has always been cyclical rather than linear ie: by luck we land a couple of outstanding players who give us a couple of seasons and then leave....Modric, Bale, Berbatov, Sherrigham etc come to mind...this means that each time we look like going up a level we stall and become Spursy.

This where we are now..we have a great nucleus of players...Toby, Verts, Eriksen, Alli, Kane, Son and some good second level players such as Sissoko, Rose, Winks but we need an injection of comparable talent into CM to provide drive and control and another striker not to play second fiddle to Kane but to be used regularly as part of the squad...let’s face it Kane isn’t always a game changer but could be more often if he wasn’t knackered.

I think EX said the other day that Levy is penny wise and pound foolish, something I have said over the years too....he has a huge bill to pay for the stadium...he needs CL money to help pay it off...given the state of our squad he needs to invest in it now, firstly to improve our chances of maintaining a top 4 CL qualification and to take us an incremental step forward that will be sustainable.

They're sheading their top earners; ; last results showed their wages went up 27 mill and their income declined 40 mill - they made 70 mill net based on 'one-off's i.e. selling players equalling 116 mill.

If they hadn't done that they would have shown a loss of around 50 mill.

Last financial year the situation will have deteriorated further - which is why they are now saying they can only do 'loan' deals.

One more season of no champiosn league and they're be forced to reduce their 225 mill a year wage bill even further which equals lower quality players and less ability to keep their better ones...

Their management fcuked up big style - with revenues of at least 100 mill a year (net) more than ours they bought badly, sold almost as badly and lost the plot in terms of salaries and the squad balance.

They are in financial decline and I'm pretty certain that their next set of number will show another decline in revs and a fairly substancial loss.

The people I know there say the club is almost in 'panic' mode.