PM at the city ground | Vital Football

PM at the city ground

Marco Polo

Vital 1st Team Regular
This club has changed. Fucking disgrace they have that charlatan on our pitch.

Cloughie would be ashamed

Politicians on the pitch just seems wrong.

The only time a game felt political was when I watched a match while tripping, back in the 1970s (must have been a couple of years Before Brian Clough).

Forest v Boro, who were miles ahead at the top of the second division. Windy day, both keepers' goal kicks were blown into touch. There was a red-faced guy nearby who kept bellowing, and I had visions of football stadiums as internment camps (which had just happened in Chile as Allende was overthrown).

A glorious win over the league leaders and a glorious sunset over the embankment as we left the ground. I turned to my mate (who was perfectly sober) and said "4-1!"

He reminded me it was actually 5-1.

Those were the days.

Politicians on the pitch just seems wrong.

The only time a game felt political was when I watched a match while tripping, back in the 1970s (must have been a couple of years Before Brian Clough).

Forest v Boro, who were miles ahead at the top of the second division. Windy day, both keepers' goal kicks were blown into touch. There was a red-faced guy nearby who kept bellowing, and I had visions of football stadiums as internment camps (which had just happened in Chile as Allende was overthrown).

A glorious win over the league leaders and a glorious sunset over the embankment as we left the ground. I turned to my mate (who was perfectly sober) and said "4-1!"

He reminded me it was actually 5-1.

Those were the days.
I remember that game, John Winfield scored a blinding goal