Plymouth Argyle (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI? | Vital Football

Plymouth Argyle (a): Who Would Be In Your Starting XI?

A very important game, financially speaking so hoping MA goes full strength.

Palmer, Eyoma, Montsma, Jackson, Roughan, McGrandles, Jones, Bridcutt, Grant, Anderson, Hopper (although I'd prefer Johnson as No: 9)

A very important game, financially speaking so hoping MA goes full strength.

Palmer, Eyoma, Montsma, Jackson, Roughan, McGrandles, Jones, Bridcutt, Grant, Anderson, Hopper (although I'd prefer Johnson as No: 9)
I agree with that, although I would put Johnson in instead of Hopper and play him straight down the middle.

I agree with that, although I would put Johnson in instead of Hopper and play him straight down the middle.
I'm not sure Johnson's ready for that role yet - his decision making remains suspect and his instinct is to go barrelling on for glory. He's got a lot of talent but there's also the petulance of the kid who know he's the best in the school. Later in the season, with more maturity, maybe.

But for now, Hopper's experience and ability is better for the team.

I'm not sure Johnson's ready for that role yet - his decision making remains suspect and his instinct is to go barrelling on for glory. He's got a lot of talent but there's also the petulance of the kid who know he's the best in the school. Later in the season, with more maturity, maybe.

But for now, Hopper's experience and ability is better for the team.
Agree with that. Johnson going up top can always be an option if we're chasing a game with 20 minutes to go.

Hopper is the quintessential hard working forward to lead the line in a tough away fixture on the back of a long week.

We have to consider Hopper's defensive capabilities on Saturday which is better than Johnson's so he will start. Seems odd to say that of a number 9 but I'm sure you all get what I mean.
Norfolk has the team spot on , though I suspect Melbourne might be preferred to Roughan

I'm not sure Hopper has 3 games in a week in him tbh ..... you know, with all that hard work he does, running about and gaining free kicks on the half-way line etc?

Wasn’t there a view that Jackson couldn’t do three games in a week? Hope that isn’t the case (not an issue if Walsh is one of the players Appleton hinted might be back in contention this weekend)

Wasn’t there a view that Jackson couldn’t do three games in a week? Hope that isn’t the case (not an issue if Walsh is one of the players Appleton hinted might be back in contention this weekend)

TJ is more than capable a CB with Monstma but it does leave us weaker at RB. Gotts put in a solid performance last night though, he’s still only making his first professional appearances and will grow into it.

I'm not sure Hopper has 3 games in a week in him tbh ..... you know, with all that hard work he does, running about and gaining free kicks on the half-way line etc?
No but he has scored more goals this season than Johnson, which is the only thing that matters with forwards. Johnson ain't cutting it with only one league goal all season.

No but he has scored more goals this season than Johnson, which is the only thing that matters with forwards. Johnson ain't cutting it with only one league goal all season.
Although his ability to fall over has resulted in goals.

It's a good time to be playing Plymouth, but that's some home record they've got – scored 22 goals in 10 games, with eight wins, one draw and one defeat. I would play the strongest side possible as getting into the third round could have huge financial implications. I wonder how serious Ryan Lowe will take it?

I'm sure we will put out the strongest team possible without risking any players less than 100% fit. Nobody at the club will be in any doubt about how vital that potential prize money is.

It's a good time to be playing Plymouth, but that's some home record they've got – scored 22 goals in 10 games, with eight wins, one draw and one defeat. I would play the strongest side possible as getting into the third round could have huge financial implications. I wonder how serious Ryan Lowe will take it?
They have a good home record, but one win against Doncaster, and a draw with Portsmouth are the stand out results. The other league home games... Shrewsbury, Burton, Northampton, Blackpool and.... Swindon