Plymouth (A) highlights | Vital Football

Plymouth (A) highlights

The first goal is EXCEPTIONAL.

Can someone please tell me why Poole header was disallowed though please, I know admin on twitter said shodipo infringement but I still didn’t see anything.

I'm not buying the Shodipo was offside line. It looks to me like the keeper actually pushes him onside before Poole heads the ball and there are one if not two Plymouth defenders deep to the right side of the 6 yard box that appear to be playing him on.

I think Shodipo did make a move towards the ball though as it was bouncing past their GK. So if he was stood offside I guess he was interfering.

However it was a marginal offside call at best, just as Hull says.

I think Shodipo did make a move towards the ball though as it was bouncing past their GK. So if he was stood offside I guess he was interfering.

However it was a marginal offside call at best, just as Hull says.

I agree mike, Shodipo moved towards the ball standing in an offside position thus he was probably given offside for interfering with play.

If he hadn't of moved then I think the goal would of stood.

Why the lino took at least 5 or 6 seconds to put his flag up though I haven't got a clue.

But what was he actually booking him for? The player running into him or the tackle where he very evidently got the ball?

i agree but it went to his pocket none the less. The ref was useless nearly as bad at the Argyle. I felt sorry for Plange as he played well apart from the finishing.

I would put money on Argyle losing in the playoffs

Ref was so biased towards Argyle today. The (almost) second booking for Virtue was ridiculous and the freekick given against Sorenson was baffling. Shodipo was onside from a view I've seen from behind the goal, and there was no reason to disallow it as he didn't stop the keeper reaching it at all. We went away against a table-topping side with a brilliant home record and a referee who must have a Devon post-code and we still battered them.

I always feel hard done to watching the ITV highlights, they show three of our ‘chances’ & two of Plymouth’s ( must have been the only two they had). Then I watch the subsequent matches and some of the none goal action is much higher than ours even though often not particularly close.

This is kind of highlights, just watched MK interview after the game today, starting to feel he as well as myself and many others are getting fed up with Hortins questions and all round person-. Anyone else have a similar feeling.

I think its amazing Ethan Erhahon has slotted in so well and only 21 fantastic signing in my opinion
He has shown already he is definitely Championship standard. His composure on the ball and awareness of virtually everything going on is superb - amazing for one so young. I would go so far as to say he is an upgraded version of Liam Bridcutt. If we don’t get promotion in the next two years he will definitely earn us big money from a Championship club. Only thing he needs to do is curb his mouth when things go against him (bit like Paudie). I love the passion, particularly when things go against us, but he is only talking his way into the ref’s book. Just get on with the game and show what you can do with the ball - that’s the best way to answer everyone.

I'm not buying the Shodipo was offside line. It looks to me like the keeper actually pushes him onside before Poole heads the ball and there are one if not two Plymouth defenders deep to the right side of the 6 yard box that appear to be playing him on.

yeah absolutely this. I could kind of see why Shodipo may have been deemed to be interfering with play, but, as you say, he isn’t offside after being pushed.

Not an easy decision for the officials to make, but disappointing. Thankfully it didn’t change the outcome of the game!

I haven't seen the offside goal but could he have been offside at the point of the corner being taken, not at the time Poole heads it?

This is kind of highlights, just watched MK interview after the game today, starting to feel he as well as myself and many others are getting fed up with Hortins questions and all round person-. Anyone else have a similar feeling.
Nope, didn't get that feeling at all.