Please Nominate Your Vital Lincoln City "Comeback of The Season" On This Thread! | Vital Football

Please Nominate Your Vital Lincoln City "Comeback of The Season" On This Thread!

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Please provide one nomination and your reason.

(Assuming there were any, I can't remember. It is a long time ago!)

New Years Day win v Posh

1-0 down at Half time turned round to a 2-1 win by the end with a gutsy performance ( helped a little by their player getting sent off )

Peterborough, for the joy of turning the game around and the confirmation in that sending off, that some footballers are daft.

Don't forget to post your nomination AND reason!

I will be using some of them as part of the article, so need plenty of comments to choose from!

Think Posh was the only game in which we came from behind to win, there were also a couple of draws so a thin field.

Taking a slightly different slant, I'll throw in the 5-3 v Ipswich. Having lost the two previous games in that crowded Christmas period, this slug-fest with one of the 'stronger' teams in the division (though that final table says otherwise) was a bold and brave performance which produced a thrilling match and a deserved win.

Don't forget to post your nomination AND reason!

I will be using some of them as part of the article, so need plenty of comments to choose from!

I will be setting a deadline for nominations in the next few days!

Think Posh was the only game in which we came from behind to win, there were also a couple of draws so a thin field.

Taking a slightly different slant, I'll throw in the 5-3 v Ipswich. Having lost the two previous games in that crowded Christmas period, this slug-fest with one of the 'stronger' teams in the division (though that final table says otherwise) was a bold and brave performance which produced a thrilling match and a deserved win.
Peterborough was the only comeback win, just kinda shows the step up is.
With that in mind I'd nominate the Peterborough game too.

I'd forgotten about the playback match on Saturday, twice a goal down to Burton! Better add that one to the list