Playoff gate receipts | Vital Football

Playoff gate receipts

JT_LCFC

Vital Football Hero
5.4.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65; and

5.4.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be aggregated, Division by Division, and each Division’s aggregated monies shall be shared equally amongst the four Clubs taking part in that Division’s Play-Off matches.

Am I right to think all four clubs will share the gate receipts equally from the semis and the final?

That is how I understand it from our previous dance with the playoffs, although times do move on so may have changed but doubt it.

Having Coventry and County who have the ability to have 18-20000 in attendance makes it relatively lucrative just being in there alone.

I don't think so as the above rules only relate to the semis. The EFL regulations then go on to the final gate receipts split as follows:

6.3.1 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be paid into the Pool Account referred to in Article 65;

6.3.2 the remaining 50% of the Net Gate Receipts shall be divided equally between the two Clubs taking part in each Final Play-Off match.

To me, it looks like 50% of gate receipts from the four semi final play off games go to the EFL under article 65. Not sure if this is part of overall financing of the leagues and appears to be kept by the EFL? Lincoln if in the play-offs, would receive a quarter of the remaining 50%. So only 12.5% of overall gates. The same would be repeated for any final with 25% of gate receipts going to each of the finalists/50% to the EFL. So Exeter would be net beneficiaries for the semis given the size of their current ground and smaller away following compared to Notts County and potential candidates Lincoln and Coventry. If we get there far better that Coventry qualify in terms of increasing the 12.5% payment involved in the play off semi-finals. Not sure if there are specific rules around how much clubs can charge for these games.

From memory I don't think they had the 50% share of the EFL pool on our last visits to the playoffs. I thought the semi final was split 4 ways and the final 2 ways. Not 100 % sure on this though.

If Coventry get to the final there could be a huge crowd at Wembley did they not take 40000+ to the Checkatrade Final last season??

anyone know if this has stayed the same?
https://plymouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/how-much-prize-money-for-winning-l2/

if the club had a ££££ choice, would it be best to get promoted via the play-offs, rather than going up in an automatic place?

when all around were moaning about the format of the checkatrade and playing weakened teams, we won it and took the ££££.

now, a further benefit. not only has winning all those cup ties built-on our reputation and confidence as a good cup game team - we've also already had our full rehearsal at wembley...

ker-ching