Playing “football”? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Playing “football”?

I think that the chance of SE being Gills manager next season is virtually nil.
I’d be happy if he signed a new contract but really can’t see it under any circumstances.
The playing budget for next season will be no more than this season, and if revenue is down because of lack of interest, it will probably be lower.
You are probably right which is why a League Two campaign might appeal more than a League One campaign a chance to put things right so to speak.I would rate the chances in league one resting on investment.
League Two represents a new challenge if it happens I can see Evans being the sort of manager who would relish the chance to put things right.If we were to be able to stay competitive I think there is strangely a better chance of him staying in my view if we were to get relegated especially if he and Scally and fans didn't see fault with him/himself.

League Two represents a new challenge if it happens I can see Evans being the sort of manager who would relish the chance to put things right.

"A new challenge". That's the spirit!

To be able to "put things right" Evans will first need to accept some responsibility for the situation. I don't think that is likely, it has been everyone else's fault so far

"A new challenge". That's the spirit!

To be able to "put things right" Evans will first need to accept some responsibility for the situation. I don't think that is likely, it has been everyone else's fault so far
That largely goes with the job to keep getting jobs in football it has to be someone else's fault. Most top managers will blame others in a similar way.As will a lot of players. How many times do we see it after a goal where a player partly to blame turns on another in his team to blame him.

That largely goes with the job to keep getting jobs in football it has to be someone else's fault. Most top managers will blame others in a similar way.As will a lot of players. How many times do we see it after a goal where a player partly to blame turns on another in his team to blame him.
But that's life in general now, it's always someone else's fault 🙄

But that's life in general now, it's always someone else's fault 🙄

I've never been afraid to put my hand up and point to whose fault it is.

Seriously, it's hard to take responsibility for failure when, at the least, people pile on you as a result, and at worst, you lose your job and get sued.