Playing Budget for 2017 - 2018 season | Vital Football

Playing Budget for 2017 - 2018 season

Kojaculation

Vital Reserves Team
I find id difficult to get some idea of the figure we have for next season. JED stated our budget was in the bottom five last season. If that is correct we possibly overachieved finnishing outside the relegation places.
Might it be our finances are more suited to to bieng in division 2 ?

Scally went on radio the day after JED was sacked and stated that what JED had said was completely false, and the we had our most expensive squad in history. While I think that may have been true through some sort of creative accounting, or purely due to the inflation in wages since we were in the championship as opposed to actually being high compared to other clubs' budget. I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle. This season though I'd also guess money will be tight due to the impending court case, with possibly some decent business done in Janurary if we get the result we want at court (in september or something isn't it?)

Not sure why you're looking for a figure though, or expect one to be available. The actual figures are never released.

I'd reckon somewhere between 1.2 and 1.4 million as a players budget.
That is what it's been in previous years although I believe that last season's was near the top end.
How does that compare to other clubs in our league?
About lower middle I'd say.
Clubs like Sheffield and Bolton distort the average and occasionally a club like Chesterfield will pay over the odds for a player like Evans.
But overall, we pay the going rate for this division.
Managers have a choice as to whether to have a smaller squad on bigger wages or spread it about.
Many of the young fringe players are on absolute peanuts by modern standards in football.
I'm talking 3 or 4 hundred a week.
Established senior pros do pretty well by most peoples standards
2-3 K per week is not unusual.

Some non-league clubs are now paying those sorts of wages

Hi Vambogiills I lost my hair early in life. Kojac was a bald tv detective . It was a saying at the time for young bald men that they suffered from" premature Kojaculation "