Players fed up with Jose's comments says Matt | Vital Football

Players fed up with Jose's comments says Matt

Spursex

Alert Team
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1617651779

Spurs players getting fed up with Jose Mourinho's withering comments

Jose Mourinho — famed for defending leads — was asked why Spurs could not do so against Newcastle; 'same coach, different players', he said

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent 5 April 2021 • 7:00pm

Tottenham Hotspur players are losing patience with Jose Mourinho pointing the finger at them and insinuating they are not good enough to challenge for a top-four place.

Mourinho, the Spurs head coach, saw his team squander the chance to move into the top four of the Premier League after conceding a late equaliser to relegation-threatened Newcastle United on Sunday.
After the game, Mourinho gave the withering reply of “same coach, different players” when asked why he is having so much trouble at reproducing the ability to hold on to leads, as he has done so well at other clubs.
Mourinho has consistently suggested that some of his players, particularly his defenders, are simply not capable of performing at a better standard, while never doubting their work ethic or desire.

But Telegraph Sport understands that players are getting fed up with what they feel has become blame being shifted in their direction and away from Mourinho for a series of underwhelming results.

There was also confusion over Mourinho’s explanation of Toby Alderweireld’s absence from his team at Newcastle, as he claimed the Belgian had only returned from international duty to training the day before the game.
But photographs and video footage showed Alderweireld training on Thursday and Friday, as well as Saturday, leaving players mystified as to whether or not Mourinho had made a genuine error.

It is unclear how Mourinho’s assessment of the Spurs players has been received by chairman Daniel Levy, who previously backed them by sacking former manager Mauricio Pochettino rather than overhauling the squad.

Pochettino had spoken of the need to reinvigorate the team, although, following his arrival, Mourinho described the squad he inherited as a “gift” and insisted all he needed was time with them.

But time may be running out for the Portuguese if he continues to put himself at odds with his players and Tottenham fall away in the race for Champions League qualification.

Genuine error or blatant lie over Toby?

No matter what it was, for a manager to not understand the status of his players and their availability in an interview where he uses it has an example of the difficulties he faced is a clear indication that he can't handle the pressure of the situation he finds himself in.

Genuine error or blatant lie over Toby?

No matter what it was, for a manager to not understand the status of his players and their availability in an interview where he uses it has an example of the difficulties he faced is a clear indication that he can't handle the pressure of the situation he finds himself in.

Clearly not the first lie about a player's availability that he's told this season, not by a long shot. He's winding tales he won't be able to get out of. This makes him really stupid.

Clearly not the first lie about a player's availability that he's told this season, not by a long shot. He's winding tales he won't be able to get out of. This makes him really stupid.

He clearly isn't a stupid man, but he may well be a desperate one now, who's run out of excuses.

A tale of two managers: one loses badly, but takes full responsibility for it after the game and apologizes to the fans; one blames individual errors, and highlights Lamela and Son's poor decision making as contributory factors - takes no responsibility for his tactics and game management and timing of substitutions.

Arteta showed his class, Jose showed his ego.

He clearly isn't a stupid man, but he may well be a desperate one now, who's run out of excuses.

A tale of two managers: one loses badly, but takes full responsibility for it after the game and apologizes to the fans; one blames individual errors, and highlights Lamela and Son's poor decision making as contributory factors - takes no responsibility for his tactics and game management and timing of substitutions.

Arteta showed his class, Jose showed his ego.
By Jose's logic should these same players somehow, miraculously, beat City in the Carabao, it is they who should take all of the credit. But I suspect the narrative will all be about Jose's tactical genius.

Contrast this approach with Poch's. He had a torrid final year but throughout his tenure, whenever there was a bad result or bad run, he never singled out individuals, it was always 'we'. 'We' need to improve. He took ownership of the problem. He may have felt differently behind closed doors but that was the public face. And you suspect that was how he handled it behind closed doors too.

By Jose's logic should these same players somehow, miraculously, beat City in the Carabao, it is they who should take all of the credit. But I suspect the narrative will all be about Jose's tactical genius.

Contrast this approach with Poch's. He had a torrid final year but throughout his tenure, whenever there was a bad result or bad run, he never singled out individuals, it was always 'we'. 'We' need to improve. He took ownership of the problem. He may have felt differently behind closed doors but that was the public face. And you suspect that was how he handled it behind closed doors too.

It's easy for me now, I'm done with Jose's management by media, as one management guru said to be recently; the mentally weak will always default to the easiest way out so never expect any more of them.

So as we lost the lead, I knew exactly what he'd do post-match, and he didn't disappoint.

So much for the best coach in the game.

Harry Kane put out a statement on the club website.
Basically they need to improve. They dropped intensity, sloppy in the final third with passes and touches and attempts slightly off.

I don't discount that Jose is making mistakes and reverting to type. I do think some of our players are below the level we need.

I don't discount that Jose is making mistakes and reverting to type. I do think some of our players are below the level we need.

Don't confuse lack of ability with the effects of a really poor gameplan. Trust me, I cannot begin to describe how incredibly disheartening going thru a situation like this is, for a player.

Here's an analogy....

Say you're a top Ad Creative, one of the world's best, and you've just run the BMW account off the map for $million$ in improved sales the last 5 years. you're at the top of your game, and you're looking for the next big thing to conquer.

You're boss, the AutoAd guru leaves for another firm, and you're bummed, but the new guy is the world's top CosmesticsPharma guru! And you're like, yeah, models, high fashion, New York, Paris Milan, I can get behind this!

And after all the hubbub dies down and you get to work, the guy calls you into his office to tell you his big plan for you, and you walk out with the account for.....

Johnson & Johnson Anal Wipes.

Now what the fuk are you supposed to do with that?

Harry Kane put out a statement on the club website.
Basically they need to improve. They dropped intensity, sloppy in the final third with passes and touches and attempts slightly off.
He said something similar after the Arsenal and Zagreb games. Now if he was to explain why the intensity levels dropped or never got up in the first place that would have some value.

I have no inside track, but my guess is that Jose's backroom staff aren't as cohesive as they should be.

Mourinho brought in Sacramento, Santos from Lille. Never worked together before. At least with Formosinho and Cerra they had been in the trenches with Jose at Utd. Then Ledley joined later.

How much of Jose's track record in the past was down to his backroom staff being able to execute his plan? How are the relationships between the 5 of them at this stage? How are they feeling about his communication and leadership style? Is this what they thought they were signing up for?

It seems to me that we always talk about the chairman, manager and players but the newly created backroom staff are as much a critical cog in a machine that isn't working well.

He said something similar after the Arsenal and Zagreb games. Now if he was to explain why the intensity levels dropped or never got up in the first place that would have some value.

We're caught in no man's land; we're not an attack orientated team, as we're not set up like that; we sit too deep, leave huge gaps in midfield instead of compressing the space, so a poor team like Newcastle soon realise that they're not going to be rocked onto their heels and can see the spaces and gaps to run into.

If we'd moved up en masse, compressed the spaces, counter pressed when we lost the ball, they wouldn't have a long out ball that they used so often.

We're not one thing or the other at the moment, so in the modern parlance - we have now overarching 'footballing philosophy which strongly suggests that's why we're seeing the patterns of play we are and playing like a Jekel and Hyde team as we cannot be building a pattern of play in training to allow everyone to know where they should be and what their role is at any given transition in the game.

That's a lack of tactical clarity and I've been saying it for months, without that clarity, that pattern of play, Jose is then free to blame whomever he chooses to without taking responsibility for the formational play (or lack of, when it goes wrong - which at some [point in every game, it must do unless you are ruthlessly dominant).

Even when we see a screaming weakness on our left, subs-wise, we screwed it up and invited them into the space to do what they did.

Some can blame a lack of intensity, but these players have played more this season than anyone else, which is going to take a toll, plus you have to wonder how it feels to play for a manager that you know if you're not perfect you're going to get hung out to dry?

Don't confuse lack of ability with the effects of a really poor gameplan. Trust me, I cannot begin to describe how incredibly disheartening going thru a situation like this is, for a player.

Here's an analogy....

Say you're a top Ad Creative, one of the world's best, and you've just run the BMW account off the map for $million$ in improved sales the last 5 years. you're at the top of your game, and you're looking for the next big thing to conquer.

You're boss, the AutoAd guru leaves for another firm, and you're bummed, but the new guy is the world's top CosmesticsPharma guru! And you're like, yeah, models, high fashion, New York, Paris Milan, I can get behind this!

And after all the hubbub dies down and you get to work, the guy calls you into his office to tell you his big plan for you, and you walk out with the account for.....

xvausch, anal wipes are you talking Gooners there lol!

So much for the best coach in the game.

That was a l-o-n-g time ago by just about anybody's assessment other than his own. I think that all the bluster and finger pointing is mainly down to the fact that he must know that he is close to the end of the road with us, and arrogant as he is he must also realize that we were his last chance for a position of any consequence. So he will go down with all guns blazing because it will be everybody 's fault other than his own. He reminds me of Donald Trump.

Here's an analogy....

🤣🤣🤣

Love this, made me laugh.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1617651779

Spurs players getting fed up with Jose Mourinho's withering comments

Jose Mourinho — famed for defending leads — was asked why Spurs could not do so against Newcastle; 'same coach, different players', he said

By Matt Law, Football News Correspondent 5 April 2021 • 7:00pm

Tottenham Hotspur players are losing patience with Jose Mourinho pointing the finger at them and insinuating they are not good enough to challenge for a top-four place.

Mourinho, the Spurs head coach, saw his team squander the chance to move into the top four of the Premier League after conceding a late equaliser to relegation-threatened Newcastle United on Sunday.
After the game, Mourinho gave the withering reply of “same coach, different players” when asked why he is having so much trouble at reproducing the ability to hold on to leads, as he has done so well at other clubs.
Mourinho has consistently suggested that some of his players, particularly his defenders, are simply not capable of performing at a better standard, while never doubting their work ethic or desire.

But Telegraph Sport understands that players are getting fed up with what they feel has become blame being shifted in their direction and away from Mourinho for a series of underwhelming results.

There was also confusion over Mourinho’s explanation of Toby Alderweireld’s absence from his team at Newcastle, as he claimed the Belgian had only returned from international duty to training the day before the game.
But photographs and video footage showed Alderweireld training on Thursday and Friday, as well as Saturday, leaving players mystified as to whether or not Mourinho had made a genuine error.

It is unclear how Mourinho’s assessment of the Spurs players has been received by chairman Daniel Levy, who previously backed them by sacking former manager Mauricio Pochettino rather than overhauling the squad.

Pochettino had spoken of the need to reinvigorate the team, although, following his arrival, Mourinho described the squad he inherited as a “gift” and insisted all he needed was time with them.

But time may be running out for the Portuguese if he continues to put himself at odds with his players and Tottenham fall away in the race for Champions League qualification.
I wrote on here/somewhere yesterday that one of my family had said in a phone call to me that he had got chit chat out of the Lane regards players not being happy esp with his post match interview, so your post proves him right.