Player Scores v QPR | Vital Football

Player Scores v QPR

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Sigh. The texts have started already. 36 Crosses today, 8 on target. On Daryl Murphy had a 50% or greater rate (2 from 3).

Pants: 6, not much to do, needs to be swifter.

Darikwa: 6.5, worked hard but like everyone else his final ball was poor.

Janko: 6.5, as above.

Robinson: 7, probably our most solid defender.

Figueredo: 6.5, looked vulnerable on occasion, mediocre passing.

Colback: 6.5, at times his lack of creativity/mobility hurts him.

Gueddy: 6.5, Hollywood balls, which is all well and good but nothing that really opened them up.

Carvalho: 5.5, flitted in and out even more than usual.

Lolley: 5.5, absolutely no impact whatsoever.

Osborn: 5, worked in a position that doesn't suit him but did little of note.

Grabban: 5.5, rarely great outside the box, poor today within it.

Subs: 6, none of them changed the game which is a worrying trend.

AK: 4, our defense looked weaker, our midfielder slower and playing Lolley and Osborn both out of position and very narrow while creating space for our fullbacks nullified their attacking threat which was not replaced thanks to a poor final ball. His substitutions did little to change the game.

For me not one of them deserves more than a 6 with most of them 5s at best.

Considering 6 is my starting point for a player just turning up...

More dour shite, Krankz really needs to try & inject a little verve, joy & spunk into some of our players & his own dour, hands in pockets, shuffling demeanour.

So AK defaults to the view that the intensity wasn't there, but doesn't know why. I'm sorry but you are paid to work that out and do something about it. I'm sure his own dour demeanour doesn't help.

He's also missing the point: the quality wasn't there. Our crossing was appalling, our creativity lacking, no-one making incisive runs and gambling on a through ball, no delivery of a through ball. Is our training geared to improve these obvious weaknesses? (obvious to most fans, not AK).

Sigh. The texts have started already. 36 Crosses today, 8 on target. On Daryl Murphy had a 50% or greater rate (2 from 3).

Pants: 6, not much to do, needs to be swifter.

Darikwa: 6.5, worked hard but like everyone else his final ball was poor.

Janko: 6.5, as above.

Robinson: 7, probably our most solid defender.

Figueredo: 6.5, looked vulnerable on occasion, mediocre passing.

Colback: 6.5, at times his lack of creativity/mobility hurts him.

Gueddy: 6.5, Hollywood balls, which is all well and good but nothing that really opened them up.

Carvalho: 5.5, flitted in and out even more than usual.

Lolley: 5.5, absolutely no impact whatsoever.

Osborn: 5, worked in a position that doesn't suit him but did little of note.

Grabban: 5.5, rarely great outside the box, poor today within it.

Subs: 6, none of them changed the game which is a worrying trend.

AK: 4, our defense looked weaker, our midfielder slower and playing Lolley and Osborn both out of position and very narrow while creating space for our fullbacks nullified their attacking threat which was not replaced thanks to a poor final ball. His substitutions did little to change the game.

Grabban should have had a penalty, but had little to feed off - Robinson was MOM, I don't expect Figgy will play against Norwich.

Pretty much agree, thought Colback was better than Gueddy and definitely agree that Osborn was the worst player - '5' is generous.

Staggered that we were so poor going forward in that first half - I was expecting Benny to be more of a threat, but his lack of pace sees him check back all the time, not one did he get to the byline to get a cross in. On that showing, I do not expect to see him start against Norwich.

Lolley was not in the game either, needs to be moved back to the LHS, ahead of Janko - unsure whether the transfer speculation is causing an issue - hope not.

Grabban should have had a penalty, but had little to feed off - Robinson was MOM, I don't expect Figgy will play against Norwich.

Pretty much agree, thought Colback was better than Gueddy and definitely agree that Osborn was the worst player - '5' is generous.

Staggered that we were so poor going forward in that first half - I was expecting Benny to be more of a threat, but his lack of pace sees him check back all the time, not one did he get to the byline to get a cross in. On that showing, I do not expect to see him start against Norwich.

Lolley was not in the game either, needs to be moved back to the LHS, ahead of Janko - unsure whether the transfer speculation is causing an issue - hope not.

Robinson was beaten for the goal and could easily have been sent off, yet I still gave him the highest score..

Robinson was beaten for the goal and could easily have been sent off, yet I still gave him the highest score..
That's fair - at least he shows he's trying.

I think he was p!ssed off with those around him - got frustrated and went in hard like they use to do - you know, in the old days. I suppose some send players off for the intent (now days).

Does anyone remember 321 ?
The clues were impossible to decipher.
A real head fuck.
I may have strayed slightly off topic.

Attachments

• 061d3f5f7db22e40dff743f8d7744441.jpg
    061d3f5f7db22e40dff743f8d7744441.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0