Player Ratings v Southport | Vital Football

Player Ratings v Southport

Scotimp

Vital Football Legend
May I make a polite request? Contributions to the player rating threads are very low at the moment, we had just one for last Saturday's game at Altrincham. Any chance of increasing those contributions? Besides being an interesting record of a player's progress over the course of a season, and culminating in a kind of 'Player of the Season' competition come May, the comments recorded by contributors also serve as a useful commentary for the exiles among us who do not get to see each (or any) game. Many thanks.

Farman
Wood
Beevers
McCombe
Bush
Tempest
Power
Hawkridge
Caton
Rhead
Muldoon

McDaid
Wildin

Farman - 6 - Only 1 save of note to make, I wondered if the goal took a slight deflection
Wood - 8 - All action display, whether overlapping at RB or tigerish in CM. Unlucky to get yellow card from tackle where got the ball from where I sat
Beevers - 7 - One of his better games I thought
McCombe - 7 - Steadying influence
Bush - 6
Tempest - 7 - Continued where he left off doing the simple things well
Power - 7
Hawkridge - 7
Caton - 8 - Looks areal find on this showing, always looking to run at his man, maybe looks to shoot to often rather than pass, although that may be harsh considering he keeps scoring !
Rhead - 7 - Missed a great chance, but did what Rheady does
Muldoon - 7 - Also missed a good headec chance, but biggest compliment I can play is Liam who?

McDaid - 7 - Showed he is an option upfront with a well taken goal
Wildin - 6 - Looked to get forward. I think their right wing was having some joy against Beevers so was a good sub I thought

Farman 7
Wood 8
Beevers 7
McCombe 7
Bush 7
Tempest 7
Power 7
Hawkridge 7
Caton 8
Rhead 7
Muldoon 8

McDaid 7
Wildin 7

Farman - 6 Not much to do really but that save in the second half when he came out to face an onrushing Southport player was fearless. Yes, the goal was definitely deflected.

Wood - 8.5 Close to being man of the match
Beevers - 7 Very solid and made some excellent runs forward.
McCombe - 7.5 Dominant
Bush - 6.5 quite accomplished but did make one or two minor errors and some poor free kicks etc.

Tempest - 7.5 Terrier-like performance and not afraid to get stuck in.
Power - 7.5 One of the best performances I have seen from him!
Hawkridge - 8 Another very accomplished performance; he was very incisive with his passing.
Caton - 9 Brilliant performance worthy of the man-of-the-match award. Great to see someone skipping past full backs with ease, and two beautifully taken goals.
Rhead - 7 Not at his normal best but a real handful for the defence giving others, such as Muldoon and Caton, the chance to come into play.
Muldoon - 8 A little cracker!

McDaid - 7 some very intelligent runs in the short time he was on; a brilliant ball from Hawkridge made scoring the third goal easy.
Wildin - 6 Looked ok in the short time he was on.

A final comment; the second goal was pure bliss to watch and I can't wait to see it again. The move which led up to it, Caton's second goal, was sublime and demonstrated excellent passing and incisive football. Long may that continue!

Would give an across the board 8 - with 9 for Caton - thought Beevers, Power and Tempest had good games and liked the look of the new left back.

Impalex - 21/2/2016 11:38

Farman - 6 Not much to do really but that save in the second half when he came out to face an onrushing Southport player was fearless. Yes, the goal was definitely deflected.

Wood - 8.5 Close to being man of the match
Beevers - 7 Very solid and made some excellent runs forward.
McCombe - 7.5 Dominant
Bush - 6.5 quite accomplished but did make one or two minor errors and some poor free kicks etc.

Tempest - 7.5 Terrier-like performance and not afraid to get stuck in.
Power - 7.5 One of the best performances I have seen from him!
Hawkridge - 8 Another very accomplished performance; he was very incisive with his passing.
Caton - 9 Brilliant performance worthy of the man-of-the-match award. Great to see someone skipping past full backs with ease, and two beautifully taken goals.
Rhead - 7 Not at his normal best but a real handful for the defence giving others, such as Muldoon and Caton, the chance to come into play.
Muldoon - 8 A little cracker!

McDaid - 7 some very intelligent runs in the short time he was on; a brilliant ball from Hawkridge made scoring the third goal easy.
Wildin - 6 Looked ok in the short time he was on.

A final comment; the second goal was pure bliss to watch and I can't wait to see it again. The move which led up to it, Caton's second goal, was sublime and demonstrated excellent passing and incisive football. Long may that continue!
u

The same marks except Farman - 7

And Rhead 7.5 I think he must of slept well last night, constantly two men on him and he never stopped battling , I think maybe created a bit of room for some of the other midfielders etc to get in on goal by pulling the defenders on him away a true performance for his team mates.

Farman 7
Wood 7
Beevers 6
McCombe 7
Bush 7
Tempest 6
Power 6
Hawkridge 7
Caton 9
Rhead 7
Muldoon 7

McDaid 7
Wildin 7

Farman 6 - Didn't have a lot to do. Would like to see him deliver to the strikers earlier once or twice.
Wood 7 - Very good game. Back to his best.
Beevers 7 - Top game. Did very well.
McCombe 7 - Looks slow but reads the game well and is so organised he just does the business.
Bush 7 - Looks assured. Pushes out a few times per game (like a frustrated midfielder). Could get caught out if not careful.
Tempest 7 - Another neat game. Rarely wastes possession and brings other players into the game.
Power 7 - This is how he can play. Much better. Without the flicks he looks solid.
Hawkridge 8 - Quality performance. Rarely wastes a pass and doesn't lose the ball easily.
Caton 8 - Great feet and running. One to sign if possible.
Rhead 7 - Could've scored but brings players into play with quality ball control and passing.
Muldoon 7 - Doing rather well up front. Was in danger of getting a red card.
McDaid 7 - He is part of the plan B and C. Should be used without worry. Some intelligent running and a good finish.
Wildin 7 - Looked very composed and is a good back up player.

Farman 6
Wood 7
Beevers 8
McCombe 7
Bush 6
Tempest 6
Power 7
Hawkridge 8
Caton 8
Rhead 6
Muldoon 7

McDaid 7
Wildin 6

Read more: http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=43919&posts=12#M633354#ixzz40unPu4e1

Farman 6.5 - not much to do.
Wood 8 - excellent all round game - a real warrior.
Beevers 7.5 - was particularly good in the first half.
McCombe 7 - Bringing much needed experience to the back line.
Bush 6 - Seemed to be off his game - I think Waterfall may get a recall.
Tempest 7 - keeps it nice and easy, allowing Power to go forward.
Power 7.5 - Really benefitting from having Tempest alongside him.
Hawkridge 8 - best game I have seen him play for ages.
Caton 9 - What a player, continually skinned the fullback and got a decent cross in. Good eye for goal.
Rhead 7 - Easy to overlook his contribution, sometimes.
Muldoon 7.5 - Another hardworking display from Jack. Caused them lots of problems.

McDaid 7- Impressive cameo, making lots of intelligent runs and pulling the defence apart. Well taken goal.
Wildin 6.5 Slotted in well and looked at ease.

I'll be interested to hear when the average ratings were last this high. Hoping we can keep it up and end the season on a high.

Snats - 22/2/2016 17:18

I'll be interested to hear when the average ratings were last this high. Hoping we can keep it up and end the season on a high.

I'll let you all know when I write the report, should be published on Wednesday. However, I have a feeling this will be the highest this season.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far.

Farman - 7 - Wasn't to blame for the goal, came off his line well in a 1 on 1.
Wood - 7.5 - Another solid performance, proved himself at CM again.
McCombe - 7.5 - Held the defence together, has been an excellent addition.
Bush - 6 - Was a little poor, and his distribution was off all game.
Beevers - 6.5 - Looked a weak link at LB once again, did better when he switched to the right.
Tempest - 7 - Played well, has a great engine and offers more than Stanley and Sparrow.
Power - 7 - Produced some good link up play.
Hawkridge - 7 - A big improvement from previous performances, but looks ineffective without Wood playing RB behind him.
Caton - 9 - Was excellent, had the beating of their fullback all game, really hope we sign him up in the summer.
Muldoon - 7.5 - Great link up with Caton, looked a bit tired before he came off.
Rhead - 7 - Quiet performance, produced some good flick ons.

McDaid - 7.5 - Looked dangerous, hopefully he will score a few more, hope to see him start soon.
Widlin - 6.5 - Played alright, would like to see him start ahead of Beevers.

Welcome Ryan. Agree re Beevers. He's versatile but I think he's always looked most comfortable defensively at RB and in an attacking sense bangs some great balls in diagonally from there. Perhaps if Wood gets more CM time we'll see more of him there.

Thank you, hopefully this is what Moyses has brought in Widlin in for, to allow Beevers to play RB and move Wood into midfield. Think he tried it with Brough but he wasn't up to scratch.

Has Caton got a recall clause in his loan from the Shrews ? Seeing what he is doing for us and the position they find themselves in I hope they are not tempted. Destroy the highlights tape asp !! UTI