Player Of The Season | Vital Football

Player Of The Season

Problem I have gone on and voted. But because I am registered for our season tickets etc and am the only one wih an email my wife cannot vote. I bet many older fans will also have this or similar problems.

Thelo really ? Not often disagreed with you but for me he hasn't improved one jot this season.

He's been good but similar to Humphrys is very lazy and contributes nothing off the ball :/

Also seems to go through patches of form where he's very good and then a run where he's abysmal

It does seem like the consensus 3 that I've seen from people's comments here and on Twitter are Tickle, Hughes and Jones.

If only Godo kept up his pre-January form

Gone for Tickle ..BUT , it was a close call v Hughes ! Two outstanding [ potential ] talents . Hughes has shown immense composure , determination , leadership , maturity beyond his years .. defended well, and scored too . However , I feel that , as ' defender of the last resort ' , Sam Tickle has made many memorable saves , be it our own failures or good attacking play by opposition teams which has left him ' wide open ' . Earned us/saved us points , which now leave us on the cusp of safety . Additionally , he isn't massive for a goalkeeper , when compared to , say van der Sar , Schmeichel , James etc .

Sam Tickle hands down. Followed by Luke Chambers (shame he was not on loan here earlier) and Jordan Jones.
Godo started brightly but has faded a fair bit since his return.
Matt Smith honourable mention. Had he not been injured for so long, could well have been up there as the top player.

No Hughes for me despite the obvious talent ... a year older and playing at a lower level than last season.
Scott Smith has really improved at this late stage of the season.
Baba Adeeko started brightly and has faded over the course of the season.
I'm looking forward to seeing him turn into a superior League one midfielder in 2024/2025 (assuming moi purchases a season ticket).

Last edited:
I see you can go to the presentation evening for a mere £90.
Do these lot realise Its a working class town

It is a lot but I think it's probably an event aimed at the hospitality season ticket level who are probably happy to pay that rather than your average sesson ticket holder.

Its a lot of money to some, but chicken feed to others,

I was in the concourse last match and the lady in front of me was handing hotdogs, pies, pop and beers to her partner and kids, and never batted an eyelid when the girl behind the counter asked her for £29. Add that to four admission prices and that's near enough £100 for a couple of hours.

Everything is relative, they could quite easily have a joint annual income of £100k and if so £100 is nowt.

If I took my wife and two grandkids and it cost me £100, I'd be skint for the rest of the month.