Player of the Season - Vote Now! | Vital Football

Player of the Season - Vote Now!

Plenty of options for this season.

Gone for Lasse who over the whole season shades it over Ethan E. for me. Even in the poor runs September-October time Lasse was our best player and although I suspect he's now running a little on empty, his effort and enthusiasm every game is still there.

So many contenders, but it has to be Erhahon, the heartbeat of this Lincoln City team.

Erhahon or Mitchell for me, it was a difficult choice.

Would love to see Lasse win it for lots of reasons on and off the field, but he has not been our best player on it. Believe it or not, there are eight players ahead of him in the VLC ratings.

Jackson hasn't played enough games, has started barely half of our league fixtures.

Gone for Lasse. Consistent throughout the whole season. Good when others were poor. Scored important goals. Add assists and energy and solid defending.

I will just vote on gut feeling only, not taking any stats or anything like that into consideration, just the way I have seen it.

For me there are 4 main contenders.

Jackson.
Mr consistency. Never spectacular but rarely has a bad game. Only lost his place through injury when the team jettisoned into a different stratosphere.

Sorensen.
Has gone from struggling to hold a place down in the team as a midfielder to a sought after right wing back.

Mitchell.
Another consistent performer. Never seen such a committed loanee.

Erhahon.
Quality midfield player. We know the area he has to improve but he will get only get better as a footballer.

In order for me is;

Player of the season
Erhahon.
2nd. Sorensen
3rd. Mitchell
4th. Jackson.

Erahon, absolute quality with a necessary fair dash of aggression. Perhaps a little too free with words around the ref but that's probably with the dash of aggression!

Although I have not voted for Lasse, I would be very happy to see him win. The work he does in the community is terrific - he is always at meet and greets, kids' training sessions, out visiting schools and so forth. If likeability and popularity were the criteria, he would win hands down.

So many contenders this season, but I’ve gone for Ethan Erhahon. He shades it for me from the defence as he has been there all season through thick and thin and makes the team tick in every way. Hasn’t had many low performances and is such a strong character - every team needs one 👍

It was Sorenson, Erhahon or Mitchell for me and I went with the latter, who I think has been the most consistent all season at a high level as well.

Erhahon has probably reached higher performance levels than Mitchell this season on occasions but had a dip earlier in the season.

So for pure consistency, it's Mitchell.