Play Two Up Front. | Vital Football

Play Two Up Front.

Wurzel

Vital Football Legend
A simple message for Mr Smith, try it, give it a go. Every year I watch relegation threatened clubs play one up front, and it doesn't work, so give two a chance. While we are at it play Jack in the middle. Please.
Any other advice for our manager?

We can all see it Wurz. to persist with something that clearly don't work is asking for trouble, There's better ideas coming from this forum than what's coming out of Bodymoor Heath, Change it you stubborn git.

I'd usually agree, but we only have one good striker.

I'd settle for him just playing him at the moment, but he's been on the bench for the last 2 games.

Think it's more subtle. The players have to be set up to attack, however many up front we have. Two players stranded up front is no better than one.

Think it's more subtle. The players have to be set up to attack, however many up front we have. Two players stranded up front is no better than one.
Well obviously I would expect a more central Jack to link up and play off and in the two strikers. There is more to this that just doubling the people whos job it is to score, although that is a good start.

No, no, no. Keep doing the same thing, over and over, it is bound to work eventually... isn't it!?

KD is very likeable, puts himself about and does some good work outside the box but I get the impression that we could have Garrincha and Cruyff supplying him and he'd struggle to get anywhere near double figures. He just isn't a goal threat.

Incidentally Samatta has been horrific since the restart, very disappointing as he looked decent previously.

Having at least one of them in the opposition penalty area at the same time as the ball might help.