Pitch | Page 2 | Vital Football

Pitch

So Kettners is a 8 year old boy who lives in Gillingham and lists his favourite players as Holy and Eaves?
I'm in my sixties and still wouldn't mind walking (not running) out with the team plus getting their autographs for a couple of hundred quid....part and parcel of loving your old hometown team.

I think my better half might have reservations about me showing my knees though...….

I'm in my sixties and still wouldn't mind walking (not running) out with the team plus getting their autographs for a couple of hundred quid....part and parcel of loving your old hometown team.

I think my better half might have reservations about me showing my knees though...….

Well do it then!

We can all be a big kid at any age - life is to short to not so what you dream of if it can be done.

PS wear tracksuit bottoms lol

I knkw its not the point, but for the record, the mascot package is about 150 If you have a season ticket. Given it includes a full kit (50 quid), 4x adults match tickets in the medway stand which are worth 90-100 quid themselves (in addition to your st), and a free meal voucher for the mascot too, and of course the most imortant bit, a full day of meeting the players and your of the stadium, its an incredible bargain in our eyes. Have done it two years in a row for my 10 year old for his bday. He loves it.

Thanks AK, that is a lot more reasonable and I'd agree it is good value for money. The advertising hoarding clearly isn't a good advertisement for League One mascoting.
Hopefully mum and dad will let me do it soon.

So would you want to walk out with Holy so you look as tall as a child from a distance or with Byrne so that you stand over him?

He'd probably be the only one taller than me as I am 6'4" myself..... forgot to say that getting a complete kit chucked in for good measure is just an added bonus.

In response to Durham: if I do it.... it's with knees bared (unless it's freezing of course)

He'd probably be the only one taller than me as I am 6'4" myself..... forgot to say that getting a complete kit chucked in for good measure is just an added bonus.

In response to Durham: if I do it.... it's with knees bared (unless it's freezing of course)

I'd insist on going out with Byrne then and insist on switching positions so people think he is the mascot from a distance.

Good morning to you all at Priestfield Stadium.

I was just wondering if you would be so kind and give me an indication as to whether there is a maximum age for the match day mascots. The reason for the question is this….there was a thread on the Vital Gills forum regarding the match day mascots and what the package actually included. In a moment of madness, I actually said that it was such good value, I would even consider doing it myself – even though I am, let’s say, an elderly person who is not growing old gracefully. You can probably imagine, the reaction was speedy, witty and positive so…… is there a maximum age or would it be possible for a near geriatric Gills supporter (over 50 years a Gill) to take to the field together with the team he has loved since early childhood?

I hope to hear back from you sometime soon as it will take some organizing on myside as I live a long, long way from the Medway Towns but do get back for some games.

Kind regards

PS: Should the response be positive, it might be an idea to not let me walk out with Mark Byrne (a player I greatly respect) as I am 6’4” without studs.

is there a maximum age or would it be possible for a near geriatric Gills supporter (over 50 years a Gill) to take to the field together with the team he has loved since early childhood?

I hope to hear back from you sometime soon as it will take some organizing on myside as I live a long, long way from the Medway Towns but do get back for some games.

Kind regards

PS: Should the response be positive, it might be an idea to not let me walk out with Mark Byrne (a player I greatly respect) as I am 6’4” without studs.

The wording on the Mascot page on the club website says "The perfect present for any young Gills supporter" which suggests it is obviously targeted at children. Since the package is popular then I get the impression there is a waiting list and while you might not be discriminated on the basis of age, you will probably kept low on the waiting list.

The few stories I have seen adults be mascots, if they aren't disabled, then usually it was arranged by a friend as a stag night style prank that the club honoured as a joke rather than a main package offered.

Ultimately the people to ask is the club.

The wording on the Mascot page on the club website says "The perfect present for any young Gills supporter" which suggests it is obviously targeted at children. Since the package is popular then I get the impression there is a waiting list and while you might not be discriminated on the basis of age, you will probably kept low on the waiting list.

The few stories I have seen adults be mascots, if they aren't disabled, then usually it was arranged by a friend as a stag night style prank that the club honoured as a joke rather than a main package offered.

Ultimately the people to ask is the club.
Thank you for your reply BB.... it is appreciated.

I actually sent the email through to the club via the page you refer to and do, of course, realise that the chances are extremely thin of a positive reply. I am also not disabled (although I did the cruciate ligaments on my right knee playing rugby and yes, I freely admit to never having played much football) so that is unlikely to work. I'll just have to wait and see what, if any, reaction comes back from the club.

My wife has just said that she thinks I am f****** mad (and she never swears) and that I should leave it for what it is, not that that is going influence me and...…even though she would never tell her friends, I have a picture of her wearing a Gills shirt during the Walsall game last year, so who is she to talk - hehe....

Ooh, I do hope they let you do it.

Maybe it'll start a trend and we could have a junior and senior mascot for every game. I doubt you're the only 'grown up' who would like to do it....

I was just wondering if you would be so kind and give me an indication as to whether there is a maximum age for the match day mascots. The reason for the question is this….there was a thread on the Vital Gills forum regarding the match day mascots and what the package actually included. In a moment of madness, I actually said that it was such good value, I would even consider doing it myself – even though I am, let’s say, an elderly person who is not growing old gracefully. You can probably imagine, the reaction was speedy, witty and positive so…… is there a maximum age or would it be possible for a near geriatric Gills supporter (over 50 years a Gill) to take to the field together with the team he has loved since early childhood?

Kind regards

Do it, do it, do it ?????

Ooh, I do hope they let you do it.

Maybe it'll start a trend and we could have a junior and senior mascot for every game. I doubt you're the only 'grown up' who would like to do it....
Having met you when your son was the mascot, I have an idea you might not be averse to giving it a go as well mate....