Pitch Inspection - 2.30pm | Vital Football

Pitch Inspection - 2.30pm

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
Lincoln City FC @LincolnCity_FC
Due to forecast for heavy rain, a precautionary pitch inspection will take place at 2.30pm today ahead of our #FATrophy tie at Bradford PA.

I'm guessing, if moved again, it'll be 5th or 12th January, or even the 2nd and a league game moved? They like to get FA Trophy games played, even at the expense of league games.

In some ways, I do hope it is played because: we need a win to boost the confidence; we need to play to make it Beevers' second of a three-match ban so he can be considered for the Grimsby game; we need to give Rhead every opportunity to add to his goals tally and we need a nice extra Christmas bonus in the form of the £5,000 prize money at stake!

I believe the 2nd has already been ruled out. If the game is postponed tonight, the most likely date would be the 5th/6th as that is one of the weekends where FA games take precedent over league matchs.

I would wait until the pitch inspection, who knows as yesterday was a good drying day.

Don't the council help maintain the pitch? With all the cuts I can't imagine it has recieved the attention a pitch needs.

on the club site it says the replay if one is needed will be on the 5th so I suppose that will be the next date for the first match!

DEEPING IMP - 21/12/2015 12:34

Fans been working on the pitch this weekend, was in great condition before the rain.
Apparently they spent £30,000 on the pitch and drainage in the summer. Looks like money well spent then! :no way:

Impalex - 21/12/2015 11:24

In some ways, I do hope it is played because: we need a win to boost the confidence; we need to play to make it Beevers' second of a three-match ban so he can be considered for the Grimsby game; we need to give Rhead every opportunity to add to his goals tally and we need a nice extra Christmas bonus in the form of the £5,000 prize money at stake!

Would it count as an eligible match towards Beevers 3 match suspension as its a different competition?

The Electric Banana - 21/12/2015 12:39

Impalex - 21/12/2015 11:24

Would it count as an eligible match towards Beevers 3 match suspension as its a different competition?

Yes

On twitter

Bradford Park Avenue ?@BPAFCOfficial 11m11 minutes ago
Rain has stopped, looking hopeful for tonight.

\Rain is supposed to clear out about now and not return until the early hours!