piss poor recruitment | Page 2 | Vital Football

piss poor recruitment

Have we progressed since last season?

Are we in the playoff?

Is that not progression?

I'm not sure what you want is possible clown

Lamouchi has worked wonders, hopefully he can steer us to at least 6th going to be a test if we've lost grabban or any other key player because the back up looked a bit weak.

still have benalouane , hefele and clough on big wages getting no where near the squad.

bridcutt is better than yates and semedo.
Totally forgot about him. Agree and he should be brought back in from the cold and played instead of Yates minutes. We need to find someone to take Yates. He's not a footballer

Totally forgot about him. Agree and he should be brought back in from the cold and played instead of Yates minutes. We need to find someone to take Yates. He's not a footballer
Think you're being a tad harsh there about Yates everyone accepts that he is not the most technically gifted, but he is still young and learning the game

Lamouchi has worked wonders, hopefully he can steer us to at least 6th going to be a test if we've lost grabban or any other key player because the back up looked a bit weak.

I would say that a Cash or Grabban injury or a Samba injury with Muric coming in instead of Smith = no playoffs. I would say the latter would even guarantee a finish below Derby in the league.

Totally unfair on a young player.

He looked a revelation when he first came into the squad last season. He gets about and unlike most of our midfielders, he gets in the box and can score.

His only crime is not to be Samba Sow. Not his fault that he is a different player with a different style. It's also not his fault that his exact style doesn't fit as perfectly with what we need right now as Sow

His shit

I am worried that I won't be getting my refund chaps. Even with me stating Maos advice re: consumer rights.

Might pop on Resolver chaps.

I am not sure it was piss poor but certainly agree it was underwhelming, even if we do have FFP looking over our shoulder.

There were two, probably available and reasonably priced strikers already in the championship we could have got-
Grant from Huddersfield and Taylor from Charlton- one out of favour, the other out of contract.

Sign those two and there’s no excuses about stepping up a league (Walker) or acclimatising to uk football (Costa)
Good solid recruitment.
Not reaching for the stars or chasing rainbows.
Maybe the Bostock issue stopped us getting Taylor? Maybe walker wasn’t sufficient bait for the cowleys after all... but those two strikers wouldn’t have been too much to ask for a club of forest’s stature and league position.
And if the recruitment team didn’t fancy them then we need to review the recruitment team

I am not sure it was piss poor but certainly agree it was underwhelming, even if we do have FFP looking over our shoulder.

There were two, probably available and reasonably priced strikers already in the championship we could have got-
Grant from Huddersfield and Taylor from Charlton- one out of favour, the other out of contract.

Sign those two and there’s no excuses about stepping up a league (Walker) or acclimatising to uk football (Costa)
Good solid recruitment.
Not reaching for the stars or chasing rainbows.
Maybe the Bostock issue stopped us getting Taylor? Maybe walker wasn’t sufficient bait for the cowleys after all... but those two strikers wouldn’t have been too much to ask for a club of forest’s stature and league position.
And if the recruitment team didn’t fancy them then we need to review the recruitment team
He scored a good goal but I saw nothing in Taylor that would make me want to part with several million for a player nearly out of contract who is nearly 30.

He is a perfectly competent Championship striker. Nothing more.

Let's not pretend he would be cheap. Charlton need to stay up and only a farcical bid (for a player out of contract) would induce them to sell. The fact that he was in their shirt scoring against us on Tuesday rather than playing for Leeds, West Brom or Bristol tells us that.

I see no evidence that our highly dubious acquisitions team have even noticed Grant, let alone that our owners have the financial balls to bid for him.

Having spent loads two summers ago I confess to bring mystified as to what the acquisitions strategy is right now, or if there even is one

He scored a good goal but I saw nothing in Taylor that would make me want to part with several million for a player nearly out of contract who is nearly 30.

Let's not pretend he would be cheap. Charlton need to stay up and only a farcical bid (for a player out of contract) would induce them to sell. The fact that he was in their shirt scoring against us on Tuesday rather than playing for Leeds, West Brom or Bristol tells us that.

I see no evidence that our highly dubious acquisitions team have even noticed Grant, let alone that our owners have the financial balls to bid for him.

Having spent loads two summers ago I confess to bring mystified as to what the acquisitions strategy is right now, or if there even is one
There was also Woodrow at Barnsley if we are talking players that would have been ‘available’.

Then there’s the 20/20 hindsight signing that is Hogan who can’t stop scoring now he feels loved again.

Plenty of reasonable signings around but like you say, did our owners have the balls to go for it...?

I don't know what Charlton would have been looking for but a perfectly competent Championship striker seems better than what we have as back up. Let's see how Da Costa is. His record is wank, but his YouTube is good. We have had multiple players sign before whose YouTube looked decent. It was against wank opposition and generally those players have turned out to be wank. This guy's YouTube looks ok against decent players even though his record is wank so I have a bit of hope at least.

I think if we can maintain a play off place for this season that would be great. We're not good enough to go up, but we could.
If as expected we are still in the championship next year, our recruitment has to be better and we need to go for it. Most of the loans will be gone, most of the deadwood too, just Hefe, Pants and Clough to offload.
Give another 1 year to Watson, Dawson and Ameobi
Likely sell Carvalho, maybe walker too.
We then need to find a CB to replace Hefe, and Benny (McKenna?)
2 box to box midfielders
2 winger
1 striker
All of which proven players
Can we keep Cash, Worrell and Lolley?

I think if we can maintain a play off place for this season that would be great. We're not good enough to go up, but we could.
If as expected we are still in the championship next year, our recruitment has to be better and we need to go for it. Most of the loans will be gone, most of the deadwood too, just Hefe, Pants and Clough to offload.
Give another 1 year to Watson, Dawson and Ameobi
Likely sell Carvalho, maybe walker too.
We then need to find a CB to replace Hefe, and Benny (McKenna?)
2 box to box midfielders
2 winger
1 striker
All of which proven players
Can we keep Cash, Worrell and Lolley?

There's no way we're keeping Cash. I would rate him as about the 6th best English right back right now. Unfortunately the Top 5 English right backs are probably among the Top 10 in the world. Worrall might stay (but unlikely) as he's a local lad. Lolley might stay as he's only lower Prem back up level st best right now. We might keep Samba even though he could walk in to most CL squads as back up or be first choice for a mid to lower table PL side. Grabban and Sow will stay because they're old. Figs will stay because I don't think he's been discovered yet. The rest apart from maybe Mighten I'm in between meh and fuck off.

It's easy to blame our acquisitions team for our shortcomings, but the problem is that good Championship players are growing ever more expensive as the league is saturated with clubs on parachute payments. The proven players who will make a difference often cost over £10m. Whereas the older, or out of contract players, know they can demand stupid wages - and get them - from clubs desperate to get back to the top.

Even the well run, less fashionable clubs like Bristol City and Brentford are having to seriously speculate. They've both spent in excess of £25m this past year. Leeds have an obligation to spend £15m on Gelder Costa regardless of whether they go up, so they're spending big to try and get an edge, too. There's so much money being chucked around that prices are sky-rocketing.

We need to find a balance between value, and quality. The problem with any such strategy is that it throws up a greater share of duds than the more money-oriented strategies. But it had also seen us sign Samba, Figueirido, Ribeiro, Sow, Lolley and Ameobi for under £5m.

I wouldn't blame our recruitment team for our shortcomings, I would blame money. An injection of quality is going to require a significant investment to increase the likelihood of finding actual good players out there.