Pinillos & Worrall | Vital Football

Pinillos & Worrall

insidenffc

Vital Squad Member
Forest should offer those two players new contracts. Pinillos is on low wages and is the best left back at the club. If Fox can be given a new deal then Pinillos should be.

Joe Worrall is a must for a new contract.

I'd like to see Pinillos play a dozen consecutive games first otherwise we just continue to repeat our previous errors of making crocks wealthy.

LyttleByLyttle - 22/1/2017 22:51

I'd like to see Pinillos play a dozen consecutive games first otherwise we just continue to repeat our previous errors of making crocks wealthy.

I think he's good enough for a 12 month extension regardless. If he can play through to the end of the season, then make that 2-3 years.

factchecker - 23/1/2017 08:08

I think he's good enough for a 12 month extension regardless. If he can play through to the end of the season, then make that 2-3 years.

Unfortunately it's that thinking that's contributed to our financial position.

LyttleByLyttle - 23/1/2017 08:24

He's on 10k (or less) a week and is comfortably the best left back we've had in 15 years. Letting him walk away for free would be madness.

That's a blinkered view to take. It assumes that we couldn't have signed someone with sufficient quality for the same cost.

The fact that he's on £10k per week is irrelevant, he's probably been paid in the region of £90k per performance this season.

That's simply not good enough and is a contributing factor to the financial position we're in.

It's interesting that no one is yet considering whether we will fall within the acceptable three year losses, the general lack of forward thinking our club is burdened with, as we could be heading towards another embargo imo.

We also have two left backs in Traore and Fox that are contracted to us past the summer and Iacovitti to choose from also.

Whether they're good enough or not is irrelevant, that's down to the manager to get them to perform or ship them out.

LyttleByLyttle - 23/1/2017 09:58

That's a blinkered view to take. It assumes that we couldn't have signed someone with sufficient quality for the same cost.

The fact that he's on £10k per week is irrelevant, he's probably been paid in the region of £90k per performance this season.

That's simply not good enough and is a contributing factor to the financial position we're in.

It's interesting that no one is yet considering whether we will fall within the acceptable three year losses, the general lack of forward thinking our club is burdened with, as we could be heading towards another embargo imo.

Surely this will fall within Big Sam's remit; you would hope that she would have a far better grasp of FFP than Fawaz ever will

LyttleByLyttle - 23/1/2017 09:58

Extending Pinilos's contract has no bearing on that. If we go back into embargo, it'll be as a result of the finances for the current season.

We know losses for 2015-16 were under £13m, when we sold Antonio for £7m.

Given sales of c. £17.5m and purchases of c. £1.3m, we'd have to be paying some crazy wages to the players signed in the summer to be under serious threat under FFP, even allowing for the fact we need to get losses down to £6m-£7m.

Not sure about Worrall; but Pinillos, Hobbs and Mancienne must all be given new contracts. Otherwise the defence is in a real mess come next season.

I think we need to see which league we are in before throwing 10k a week conetracts about like confetti

factchecker - 23/1/2017 09:22

LyttleByLyttle - 23/1/2017 08:24

He's on 10k (or less) a week and is comfortably the best left back we've had in 15 years. Letting him walk away for free would be madness.

Agreed.

he is prem quality but truly great players put a run of games together.

he had injury problems before forest. it is a difficult one..hope he can stay fit until the end of the season. then is a no-brainer.