Photo of Rheady | Vital Football

Photo of Rheady

Sincilbanks

Vital Football Hero
So I'm chipping away at my project to edit Rheady's wiki page but the stumbling block is the photo. Everything on the web is not suitable for uploading to wiki for licensing reasons and Gettyimages want something in the region of 150 quid for the license to use one of theirs.

I've tried contacting the Vaughn's for permission via twitter and mail, but no response.

If anyone has a photo of Rheady of reasonable quality they've personally taken and would be willing to share so I can upload it to wiki commons I'd be very grateful!

Go watch some highlights on YouTube, pause it on a good frame of Rhead, and screen grab it. That image is covered by fair dealing in the UK.

Go watch some highlights on YouTube, pause it on a good frame of Rhead, and screen grab it. That image is covered by fair dealing in the UK.

Yeah, so "fair use" is a pretty nebulous term according to Wikipedia and I'm not really interested in putting something up that is simply going to be changed back to the existing image of Rheady from his time at Mansfield (which is the only image of Rheady in the wiki-commons library. This has already happened several times if you look back through Rheady's wiki page history.

Fair-use images
Main page: Wikipedia:Non-free content
Some usage of copyrighted materials without permission of the copyright holder can qualify as fair use in the United States (but not in most other jurisdictions). However, since Wikipedia aims to be a free-content encyclopedia, not every image that qualifies as fair-use may be appropriate.

Use of copyrighted material under an invalid claim of fair use constitutes copyright infringement and is illegal. Media which are mistagged as fair use or are a flagrant copyright violation can be removed on sight. Editors who notice correctable errors in fair-use tags or rationales are urged to fix them, if able. Voluntarily fixing such problems is helpful to Wikipedia, though many errors may be impossible to fix.[why?] A user may be banned for repeatedly uploading material which is neither free nor fair-use.

Try contacting Gary at SW blog, he's tight with Vaughan.