Petrol (NG) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Petrol (NG)

People who are topping up their tanks with £5 of fuel = fuckwits.

People who trust anything that Grant Shapps says about petrol station closures = fuckwits.

People who, on principle, refuse to fill up because they don’t do herd behaviour and won’t be able to get to Oxford game tomorrow = fuckwits.

People who have electric cars = fuckwits.

People who take the bus = fuckwits.

People who are topping up their tanks with £5 of fuel = fuckwits.

People who trust anything that Grant Shapps says about petrol station closures = fuckwits.

People who, on principle, refuse to fill up because they don’t do herd behaviour and won’t be able to get to Oxford game tomorrow = fuckwits.

People who have electric cars = fuckwits.

People who take the bus = fuckwits.
🤣

Still, it’s nice to see the panic buyers back.
We haven’t seen them since the last bog roll crisis 😂
Got to love a press manufactured shortage 😉

People just seem to want to be angry about something, anything. It really pisses me off.
But what about nurses and doctors and nurses, who can't get petrol to do important things like nursing and doctoring, because other idiots have beaten them to the pumps?

What is it with so many people queueing for ages for petrol they don't actually fecking need. Can people not think for themselves anymore, just follow the sheep.

Only one reason they'll actually be a fuel shortage is because of these selfish dipshit *****.

Probably the same coonts that are still working their way through the 4000 bog rolls they bought during lockdown.
Yep. Don't think my mother ever got through the tons of sugar she stockpiled back in the 70's after a similar "scare".

Can I add what is this sh#t about Xmas may be cancelled? Ok, we might not be able to import as much crap manufactured in China and cooking the planet and we might not get a Turkey. So what? We can have a good Xmas without much of the dross we normally pig out on.

The Gills will still be playing, although they may have to cycle to matches home and away.

Yep. Don't think my mother ever got through the tons of sugar she stockpiled back in the 70's after a similar "scare".

Can I add what is this sh#t about Xmas may be cancelled? Ok, we might not be able to import as much crap manufactured in China and cooking the planet and we might not get a Turkey. So what? We can have a good Xmas without much of the dross we normally pig out on.

The Gills will still be playing, although they may have to cycle to matches home and away.
I’m stockpiling wine 😜

Your help would be welcome. My company produces sticky tape and business is very slow at the moment. Please would every poster spread the word that there is going to be a big shortage of sticky tape leading up to Christmas and anyone with connections to or friends in the media report this. Many thanks in anticipation.

Kerchung.

According to the news Medway has now virtually run dry. Grant Shapps tells us to "Carry on as normal". So how can we carry on as normal when we can not put fuel in our vehicles to get to and from work now it has run out?

As soon as shortage was mentioned all the fuckwits were on their way to top up with 1 litre.

Easily resolved; minimum purchase of £25.

That'll sort out the idiots.

I’ll only get about 80 miles out of that!

What are your plans to stop people from filling up with £25 and then circle around the forecourt to top up with another £25? Will we be issued with ration books?

Selfishly, I am just hoping it all dies down by 18th October, when we are off for a short break in Suffolk.

Having just changed my car from a Ford C-Max 1.8 to a Skoda Yeti 1.2, I think my three quarters full tank will last me until then.

Just like I overdosed on Imodium last year so I did not need to join the queue for the bog rolls either.:poop:

There are always solutions.

Selfishly, I am just hoping it all dies down by 18th October, when we are off for a short break in Suffolk.

Having just changed my car from a Ford C-Max 1.8 to a Skoda Yeti 1.2, I think my three quarters full tank will last me until then.

Just like I overdosed on Imodium last year so I did not need to join the queue for the bog rolls either.:poop:

There are always solutions.
Yup, we will have to improvise. I will borrow Gimmer's Anglia - it has a near full tank of leaded 4 star. I think he last filled it up in 1990.

According to the news Medway has now virtually run dry. Grant Shapps tells us to "Carry on as normal". So how can we carry on as normal when we can not put fuel in our vehicles to get to and from work now it has run out?

When people see that some products in the supermarket are not available;

When people see KFC and Nandos running out of chicken;

When people see that their Amazon parcels are taking longer to be delivered;

When people see second hand car values going up because the supply chain cannot produce new cars...

...they are (rightly) concerned that there might not be enough fuel.

The government has been negligent. Granted - COVID is an exceptional event. But the government would have known that Brexit would result in huge numbers of foreign drivers leaving the UK. The government would have known that IR35 changes would cause people to leave the industry. Much of this supply chain problem could have been avoided and planned for.

This is not a judgement on Brexit. We can reserve that for the other thread. This is a comment about the incompetence of the government.