Peterborough United 2-2 Lincoln City match 2000 | Vital Football

Peterborough United 2-2 Lincoln City match 2000

APHLCFC

Vital Reserves Team
Anybody got any videos, stats or memories from this game? Was my first ever away game. I remember travelling on the Ashton express and Lee Thorpe equalising in the last minute. I could barely see past the halfway line from the front of the away terrace. From memory Peterborough raced into a 2 goal lead only to lose two influential players in the first half. We gradually fought our way back into the game and there was pandemonium in the away end when we equalised. There was plenty of trouble after the game. All in all it was a great day. Would love to hear anybody else's memories.

Anybody got any videos, stats or memories from this game? Was my first ever away game. I remember travelling on the Ashton express and Lee Thorpe equalising in the last minute. I could barely see past the halfway line from the front of the away terrace. From memory Peterborough raced into a 2 goal lead only to lose two influential players in the first half. We gradually fought our way back into the game and there was pandemonium in the away end when we equalised. There was plenty of trouble after the game. All in all it was a great day. Would love to hear anybody else's memories.
My son and I went to that game. He was only eight at the time. I have a photo of him in the away end. Unfortunately, the view looks toward the far end of the ground rather than toward the City fans, so you can't see any other Imps in the picture. I'm afraid I can't remember much about the match. I remember that there was quite a big police presence in Peterborough town centre before kick off. I remember when we got the equaliser thinking that the walk back to the car might be fun if the score stayed that way, which it did. Apparently, there was a bit of trouble but it didn't affect us, though.

I remember this one it wasn’t a great atmosphere before hand in the city centre and the police made it worse. It was a bit chaotic afterwards.

I think at times we were completely overrun on the pitch - David Farrell sticks out in my mind as a winger who tore us to pieces. I think he might have been one of the injured players.

I hate em .

You certainly do, more than anyone else I recall? .... I can’t particularly remember this draw, but do the 1-5 defeat under Beck and 2-1 victory when Amoo netted a brace.

Further back as a kid I remember a 1-0 win when Graham Watson netted a rare winner under Willie Bell.

I’m afraid the 1-5 is scarred into my memory, so much so I can’t really recall the other times I’ve been there.

Interesting that the game this season seemed a bit flat, without the edge of previous games?

The game in 2000 we took the lead through Paul Miller and Thorpe got the late equaliser with everyone bar Marriott in the penalty area (he took the free kick! )
Did indeed kick off after the game with yours truly stood on my own waiting for my friends to get back to their car in the big car park just over the road from the ground, never been so glad to see my friends ever!
My last visit to London Road was the Amoo game in 2006.