Peter Taylor. | Vital Football

Peter Taylor.

One of the most pathetic performances I've seen at Priestfield was over Xmas when a Peter Taylor Gills team played high flying Bristol City. They were a decent side but Taylor's tactics basically made it a training exercise, no fight and no attacking intent whatsoever. He clearly has an eye for a good player, he should go for a scouting role as management wise he's not up to it.

One of the most pathetic performances I've seen at Priestfield was over Xmas when a Peter Taylor Gills team played high flying Bristol City. They were a decent side but Taylor's tactics basically made it a training exercise, no fight and no attacking intent whatsoever. He clearly has an eye for a good player, he should go for a scouting role as management wise he's not up to it.
I remember that. Appalling. I remember Joe Martin clearly not knowing what to do with the ball and the team being a mess.

Worse was that abomination at home to Portsmouth. Mind numbingly boring.

I remember that. Appalling. I remember Joe Martin clearly not knowing what to do with the ball and the team being a mess.

That Portsmouth match was the last time we were on live TV! I assume the Sky execs decided to give us a wide berth after that dross of a performance in a turgid game. Taylor resigned the next day I think.

Let’s hope for better on Sunday, though I don’t think we’ve won in a BT Sport live match before.

I’m pretty sure Portsmouth turned up for that game on a bad run, with a long injury/suspension list, key players on international duty and no recognised striker in the match day squad. Yet Taylor still persisted in that slowly slowly, sit back, we have a point no need to venture forward crap.
I remember being livid with the shockingly negative tactics.

I’m pretty sure Portsmouth turned up for that game on a bad run, with a long injury/suspension list, key players on international duty and no recognised striker in the match day squad. Yet Taylor still persisted in that slowly slowly, sit back, we have a point no need to venture forward crap.
I remember being livid with the shockingly negative tactics.

To be fair, I don't think we were at full strength either as I believe it was Jack Tucker's only first team game before this season.

I would welcome Taylor back as a Scout .While his tactics have to be questioned over the a few years now at a few different clubs.His scouting at Gills compares with the best.Did he find Eaves ?Certainly Egan and many more.

He served up some of the most boring football I’ve witnessed but he knows how to spot a player.

a good director of football

He served up some of the most boring football I’ve witnessed but he knows how to spot a player.

a good director of football
Not sure about the director of football job .I would not let him anywhere near planning match tactics. Or advising the manager these days.But if he was willing to scout for us then I would say that was a good appointment.

To be fair, I don't think we were at full strength either as I believe it was Jack Tucker's only first team game before this season.
Quite right, I didn't realise Tucker had played before this season.

13Holy 25O'Mara, 5Ehmer Booked at 86mins, 19Nugent, Substituted for Tucker at 45 minutes, 12Ogilvie, 14Parker, 16Bingham, 8Hessenthaler,
11Martin, Substituted for List at 57 minutes, 28Clare, Substituted for Oldaker at 67 minutes, 10Wilkinson
Substitutes 7Wagstaff, 20Oldaker, 21List, 23Simpson, 26Arnold, 27Nash, 31Tucker