Pennock: we "looked lost" | Vital Football

Pennock: we "looked lost"

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/rochdale-gillingham-pennock-reaction-132591/

Why did we looked "lost", ffs? Was there no game plan? Had there been no research done on Rochdale's game/players? Did the players not have any directions in how and where they were supposed to be playing?

Or are the players just inept and/or not following instructions?

They shouldn't look lost at Spotland, it's not Wembley!

Wayne's comments that it's the worst team he's ever seen have worried me. I'm hoping it's just a knee-jerk remark after an awful day at Spotland. I went to Spotland once, can't remember the year but we had a shit team then and also lost three nil and had Elliot Martin (I think!) sent off. I remember that day being depressing too, grim place, grim result and performance.

Spooky, Eaves is a modern day Elliott Martin as well!

I mentioned this on Wayne's thread but shocking comments to come from the manager who sets the team up and sends them out on the pitch.

Buddha - 24/9/2017 19:35

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/rochdale-gillingham-pennock-reaction-132591/

Why did we looked "lost", ffs? Was there no game plan? Had there been no research done on Rochdale's game/players? Did the players not have any directions in how and where they were supposed to be playing?

Wayne's comments that it's the worst team he's ever seen have worried me. I'm hoping it's just a knee-jerk remark after an awful day at Spotland. I went to Spotland once, can't remember the year but we had a shit team then and also lost three nil and had Elliot Martin (I think!) sent off. I remember that day being depressing too, grim place, grim result and performance.

It's an astonishing statement from the manager ... says everything about the management team as it stands.

I was until recently, all for not changing, as I could not see why anybody coming in would be any better with that we have on the pitch....

But the continued lack of a start for Parker, the fluid formation that nobody has confidence in (so it would seem given the performances of late) and the latest post match comments; I've changed my opinion somewhat .... no point bringing in somebody new; but give it to Steve L and see if that can help .... it can't make it any worse.

For the manager to say the team was "lost", is about as bad as can be.... thats exactly what the managers job is supposed to be about, making sure the team is not 'lost' and has in fact a plan.

I will always have a soft spot for AP; but this has to stop now, it can't be doing him any good and clearly he is out of ideas.

Plan B : why not have the existing coaching setup (- AP) prep the team during the week and at 2.50 on a sat, we have a quick lottery to pick the manager for the game .... Somebody from the crowd gets to decide on subs, stand on the sidelines and shout out random things ... as a minimum it will help with the attendance.

StroodYesAnotherOne - 24/9/2017 21:33

It's an astonishing statement from the manager ... says everything about the management team as it stands.

I was until recently, all for not changing, as I could not see why anybody coming in would be any better with that we have on the pitch....

But the continued lack of a start for Parker, the fluid formation that nobody has confidence in (so it would seem given the performances of late) and the latest post match comments; I've changed my opinion somewhat .... no point bringing in somebody new; but give it to Steve L and see if that can help .... it can't make it any worse.

For the manager to say the team was "lost", is about as bad as can be.... thats exactly what the managers job is supposed to be about, making sure the team is not 'lost' and has in fact a plan.

I will always have a soft spot for AP; but this has to stop now, it can't be doing him any good and clearly he is out of ideas.

Plan B : why not have the existing coaching setup (- AP) prep the team during the week and at 2.50 on a sat, we have a quick lottery to pick the manager for the game .... Somebody from the crowd gets to decide on subs, stand on the sidelines and shout out random things ... as a minimum it will help with the attendance.

That will reduce the attendance by at least one.

nibbles - 24/9/2017 21:38

StroodYesAnotherOne - 24/9/2017 21:33

That will reduce the attendance by at least one.

Yep .... you are right, that was the problem with my plan