Pennock & Day | Vital Football

Pennock & Day

Pennock could well be home sick .Barrow is a long drive from Hempstead. Staying would almost certainly leave Pennock looking at a similar struggle next season .I would not be surprised to see Pennock turn up at a local non league side .

Bangladesh are clearly not great but then Jamie Day does not have to improve them that much to move them up the rankings .It is going to be more difficult to go downwards given there are so few countries below them .The current problems in Bangladesh mean that Day can do a lot of good their i would like to wish him every success .

This is a twitter note from AP to the fans etc

"As the club heads in a different direction next season, it means I must leave to allow that to happen and I wanted to say a few thank you’s before I go.

When I became manager back in October there were plenty of people questioning “what am I going up there for”, but I have really enjoyed my 6 months at what is a great club with some great people.

The supporters have been incredible and I would like to say a big thank you! You have been brilliant from my first game against Aldershot to backing us in numbers on the final day against Chester. Let there be no doubt that your support, particularly on the road as we picked up vital points at places like Aldershot and Bromley, played no small part in helping this club retain its place in the National League.

I’d also like to say thank you to my staff, to Jamie Day, Grant Holt, Lindsay Davis, Mick Holgate & Dean Scholey for all of their efforts. Thanks also to all of the hardworking staff at the club, both on match days and through the week, who help make the club what it is.
Barrow is a fantastic club and I hope to come back one day to finish what we started. But until then, I wish you all the best of luck next season and beyond, I’ll be keeping an eye on results come August.
Thank you and good luck,
Adrian Pennock"

No other news on the official site other than they have agreed to part company.

Last edited:
Was he pushed or did he jump ? I`d say the former. The American owner, whilst apparently not overly popular with the fans, has put a lot of money into Barrow FC and they have under-achieved. Just scraped avoiding relegation last month, not good enough for the man from Dallas, I suspect.

Was he pushed or did he jump ? I`d say the former. The American owner, whilst apparently not overly popular with the fans, has put a lot of money into Barrow FC and they have under-achieved. Just scraped avoiding relegation last month, not good enough for the man from Dallas, I suspect.
On the official website, the chairman talks about getting more bums on seats; in other words, the team can't survive on gates of a 1,000 without him putting in money. He wants to control costs; move the centre of gravity of the club to Barrow, ie training and an academy. He said it feels like a club located elsewhere and the players turn out for a few games in the town. The aim is to up the gates to 2,000 and I guess he thought AP and day was not the team to do that given the experience of last season.

I wish AP all the best for the future. I think National league is his level and I'm sure he'll get another appointment.

On the official website, the chairman talks about getting more bums on seats; in other words, the team can't survive on gates of a 1,000 without him putting in money. He wants to control costs; move the centre of gravity of the club to Barrow, ie training and an academy. He said it feels like a club located elsewhere and the players turn out for a few games in the town. The aim is to up the gates to 2,000 and I guess he thought AP and day was not the team to do that given the experience of last season.
Just looked it up & Barrow were in the relegation zone when he joined, without a win in 11
From what the Barrow fans were saying on Twitter their chairman has slashed the budget & they were gutted about losing Pennock

Just looked it up & Barrow were in the relegation zone when he joined, without a win in 11
From what the Barrow fans were saying on Twitter their chairman has slashed the budget & they were gutted about losing Pennock
AP took Barrow to one place above the drop zone and had to rely on another result. Judging by what I've glanced at in local rags, the term 'gutted' is not often used.