Pele | Vital Football

Pele

RIP.

Before my time so I wasn't fortunate enough to enjoy him, and weirdly I never see as much footage of him on TV as other former greats (why is that?) , but I'll have to bow down to the older generation, he was obviously one hell of a player and did an awful lot of good for the game.

RIP.

Before my time so I wasn't fortunate enough to enjoy him, and weirdly I never see as much footage of him on TV as other former greats (why is that?) , but I'll have to bow down to the older generation, he was obviously one hell of a player and did an awful lot of good for the game.

I suppose there was not the wall to wall coverage there now is. He scored a hat trick in the World Cup at 17. He was loved as much for his sportsmanship as his talent. Always played with a smile.

It's been announced that Pele has died. I seen him play at Villa Park Villa v Santos, in my opinion the greatest.
RIP Pele

One of the few games I've watched from the Trinity upper stand.
Me and a mate (kids)managed to slip in a side door whilst the guarding
commissionaire was distracted for a moment.

Rest in peace Pele.

Last edited:
One of the few games I've watched from the Trinity upper stand.
Me and a mate (kids)managed to slip in a side door whilst the guarding
commissionaire was distracted for a moment.

Rest in peace Pele.
To think many Villans saw the likes of Pele, Muller and Beckenbauer, even if they were freindlies. Juventus and Milan had class players too. On the home front, chuffed to have seen Sir Stanley,Sir Tom and Sir Nat.

I looked at what I wrote in the Memories thread in 2018 and brought it to this thread.

In 1972 I was just 18 years old at the time. My beloved Holte End closed the turnstiles due to the Holte being full and I literally ran down to the Witton End.

I still consider it an honour to have been at the game and to see the great man.

Rest In Peace Edson Arantes do Nascimento............Pele to you and me.

Sep 2, 2018

I went down the Witton end and just got in before they closed that as well.

What a magical night that was and the Villa players were understandably not treating this as friendly and when we went 2-0 I noticed Pele really having a go at the Santos players to get stuck in.

Santos scored through Edu with one of those bending Brazilian goals you only ever saw on TV!

Did I already say what a magic night believe me it was!

There is a clip somewhere of Pele doing all the things Like the Cruyff turn and all the other things more recent players have claimed as their own years before they did them