Peacocks era | Vital Football

Peacocks era

Lovelovell

Vital Youth Team
As I had my lunch, i Was thinking whatever happened to the likes of Dave Smith, Howard Prichard, Trevor Quow. Phil Kite from my first few years of being a fan. Have any of these been invited back? Maybe they have but honestly can’t remember. I know cas, weatherly and elsey have. Would be interested what they ended up doing. Think Kite was a physio
Anyway, back to work for me

I vaguely remember Trevor Quow coming back as one of the backroom staff of an away team a few years' back (Peterborough I think)

Joe Hinnigan was a physio. I seem to recall him coming back with a northern team, perhaps Carlisle, or Wigan. He had considerably less hair than his playing days, but that happens to us all....

As I had my lunch, i Was thinking whatever happened to the likes of Dave Smith, Howard Prichard, Trevor Quow. Phil Kite from my first few years of being a fan. Have any of these been invited back? Maybe they have but honestly can’t remember. I know cas, weatherly and elsey have. Would be interested what they ended up doing. Think Kite was a physio
never mind all that, what you have for lunch lovelovell?

Ron Hillyard stuck around for a few more years and i'm sure he's been back as a guest since.

Roger Triggs has an impressive knowledge of the fortunes and whereabouts of ex Gills players. I will ask him and report.

Apart from the persistently entertaining football under Peacock (take note present day f'ing boring Gills) I remember abysmally small crowds. Shocking lack of support given what was going on at the matches. Extra irritating for me as I had 80 mile round trips to watch games when I was genuinely hard up.

Apart from the persistently entertaining football under Peacock (take note present day f'ing boring Gills) I remember abysmally small crowds. Shocking lack of support given what was going on at the matches.

Except when Everton were in town and everyone in Medway became a fan.

Apart from the persistently entertaining football under Peacock (take note present day f'ing boring Gills) I remember abysmally small crowds. Shocking lack of support given what was going on at the matches. Extra irritating for me as I had 80 mile round trips to watch games when I was genuinely hard up.
It was called the major employer in the town closing down. The closure of the dockyard was significant body blow to the Medway, something which some might say it has never recovered from.

The only one of the Peacock team who is still linked to the club is Jason Lillis. You would have never guessed that years ago.

John Sitton is a taxi driver and very vocal with right wingish views

I think Colin Greenall was a physio as well

Loved Dave Smith running down the wing! Loved the rainham end and the atmosphere, yes crowds were not massive but it was buzzing, maybe rose tinted glasses as now when I take my 13 year old I think it’s quite soulless. Funny thing I went by train with mates at 13/14 from East Kent! My son couldn’t even get out of the house on his own… come to think of it, my parents allowed me to do what?!!!

....... Funny thing I went by train with mates at 13/14 from East Kent! My son couldn’t even get out of the house on his own… come to think of it, my parents allowed me to do what?!!!

Times have certainly changed. Me and my mate were only 12 when we started going to away games on the supporters coach and we even went to Swansea on the club train.

When I was about 13, used to travel to some home matches from Strood. Used to be able to unscrew the light bulbs on the train and bung them out of the windows as you went over the Luton Arches viaduct.

How things have changed, I'd go mental at kids doing that today :oops: