PDPS | Vital Football

PDPS

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Some mention on Facebook of him indulging in some argybargy with a fan, hoping it's bollocks. Can anyone confirm?

Heard he punched a fan in the face after being told he was a money grabbing ****. Alergation obviously lol

Saw a fella getting in scally's face and being pushed back, got toward him again then scally waded in, frankly it was the most entertaining part of a s**t afternoon

Some bloke gave Scally some verbal and Scally went for him. A few half hearted punches were thrown from what i could see.

On radio kent earlier on before the game they said Scally was showing potential investors around last week - a malaysian consortium.

Maybe the club is going to change hands.

Either way, that fan needs to be banned from the ground.

Surprised to hear that stewards didn't ensure he was kept at a distance.

Quite agree razor, ban the fan for life. Agree where were the stewards, should not have got that close to scally .

I disagree. If Scally threw the first punch over some verbal abuse...why should the fan get the lifetime ban? All he did was state what we're all thinking and the same kind of remarks that get shouted in Scally's direction from 150 yards away in the Rainham End.

PDPS didn't have to rise to the criticism. If anyone should be banned it's Fisty McFistalot punching one of his money-paying customers.

It's all speculation at the moment. We can't talk about fault or punishments as we have such little information.

Speculation's all we've got today Trev. That or moaning about another scoreless performance that sees us one step closer to the bottom seat at the table. At least this story is more interesting than the half empty glass!

Razorpound - 8/10/2017 22:19

Either way, that fan needs to be banned from the ground.

Surprised to hear that stewards didn't ensure he was kept at a distance.

Yes, a fan certainly needs to be banned for an incident that has been reported third hand by rumours on Facebook and message boards! If you are going to believe those rumours that surely Scally should be arrested and charged too, if he it is true that he threw punches and waded into someone!

I'll personally wait to see if there is any substance in the rumours before making any judgements.

Yeah BO, but it's a big "if" he threw a punch first. And if it wasn't without provocation or threat.

I agree that the stewards shouldn't allow fans anywhere near GFC personnel. Especially the owner. When a teams going badly it won't end well.

And I reckon fans should think carefully what they wish for. Maybe have a chat with Coventry, Blackpool, Plymouth (I'm hearing) fans and plenty of others, before wanting Scally out. I think a lot of those sides would sooner have our leader than theirs.

OneSirKeefy - 9/10/2017 08:28

And I reckon fans should think carefully what they wish for. Maybe have a chat with Coventry, Blackpool, Plymouth (I'm hearing) fans and plenty of others, before wanting Scally out. I think a lot of those sides would sooner have our leader than theirs.

Looks like we were both making the same point at the same time on different threads, OneSirKeefy.

OSK, this is diving into the deep end of speculation...so either indulge me or blank me but know I'm not stating any of this as any sort of truth...or even in any way implying its relation to any form of reality surrounding Gillingham Football Club or its chairman, as all of our details come from people whose internet IDs are as silly as mine. If anything I'm looking for clarification. It wouldn't be the first time I found English law to be slightly "skewed" in favour of those in the power position....

Provoked or not, would the owner of a cafe get a reprieve for decking a customer who started an argument? The manager of a Co-op shop? A pub landlord? Surely they'd be just as caught up in the shit storm as the person who started it. So then "IF" things went down at all...and then "IF" the owner of a football team threw the first punch at a paying customer in his establishment...in my own thinking surely both of these knuckleheads should be implicated in the punishment...even if it means the owner gets a hefty ban from being in his own establishment. Is there any sort of precedent?

"All fs" BO. And I don't know the legal answers.

But "if" a fan got through the stewards/security and confronted PS (or a cafe owner) and either threw a punch or threatened him with violence or otherwise "got in his face", I'd say he'd be allowed to defend himself.

Or maybe someone else on here knows better. I'm no lawyer.

BO totally agree assault is assault after all, you can even defend yourself but if that defence is deemed OTP then you can still be charged.
I cant see this being anymore than handbags but would also state the stewards shouldn't have let this happen.

For the record and at the risk of sounding what we call "Job pissed"

Section 3 Criminal law act states "A person may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances in the prevention of crime, or in effecting or assisting in the lawful arrest of offenders or suspected offenders or of persons unlawfully at large."

(and yes, I did have to look it up as I couldn't remember the full wording)

This covers the "pre-emptive strike" whereby someone punches another as he believes he is about to be punched, ie, the prevention of crime. I believe this was the defence Marlon King used when he assaulted the plain clothes police officer as he claims he didn't know it was a copper and he believed he was about to be assaulted by some yob. (Buddha would claim that there is no difference LOL)

This account seems highly unlikely but if it is true the abuse must have been more prolonged and threatening for a man recovering from a heart op to be provoked to throw punches.

Mind you the impression I have is that Scally may have been brought up on the mean streets of Sarf London so despite his resemblance to Penfold he can probably take care of himself. :1: