Pay on the day at Priestfield | Vital Football

Pay on the day at Priestfield

daveycrocket

Vital Squad Member
Does anyone know whether you can buy tickets on the day for home games, and is it still £3 extra if you do?

Thanks WX but you're right not very helpful at all, even if you follow the links. I'll give the club a call in the morning

Does anyone know whether you can buy tickets on the day for home games, and is it still £3 extra if you do?

I don’t think there is a rise on matchdays any more, although I may be wrong on that. You can definitely buy matchday tickets on the day either over the phone, online or in the ticket office

Would be helpful if the club could put prices up, was looking myself recently and noticed nothing there. I thought it was £2 extra to pay on the day unless they've done away with that which IMO they should. I know alot of clubs do charge extra on the day but I think it does piss people off abit, bit like making certain matches all-ticket when there really is no need.

Would be helpful if the club could put prices up, was looking myself recently and noticed nothing there. I thought it was £2 extra to pay on the day unless they've done away with that which IMO they should. I know alot of clubs do charge extra on the day but I think it does piss people off abit, bit like making certain matches all-ticket when there really is no need.

In cases like that, it's not that they charge extra on the day, it's that they give a discount for buying in advance.

I bought a ticket for the Tranmere game on the Saturday, and was charged £22, the same as it would have been during the week.

In cases like that, it's not that they charge extra on the day, it's that they give a discount for buying in advance.
I personally wouldn’t consider a £20 advance ticket for League 2 a ‘discount’ just because on the day is £2.

Maybe I just have a glass-half-empty outlook on everything at present but there’s a murky area between offering a worthwhile ‘discount’ and simply thinking you can charge more than you plan.

This isn’t necessarily a Gills issue and certainly isn’t a dig at the present owners/COO. It’s just a whinge.

I personally wouldn’t consider a £20 advance ticket for League 2 a ‘discount’ just because on the day is £2.

Maybe I just have a glass-half-empty outlook on everything at present but there’s a murky area between offering a worthwhile ‘discount’ and simply thinking you can charge more than you plan.

This isn’t necessarily a Gills issue and certainly isn’t a dig at the present owners/COO. It’s just a whinge.
£12 in advance and £15 on the day would be a nice price for league 2 football, would get a lot more day trippers in that’s for sure. I know it will not happen though, football is an expensive hobby / interest these days.

In the past clubs never use to charge more on the day, didnt need to then, dont need to now. As for discount buying in advance--what a loud of bollocks.
As someone else said, this is not having a pop at our current owners and if our club is no longer doing it then good on them and hopefully other clubs will follow.