Alert Team
Udogie (£15m)
Pape Sarr (£15m)
Bissouma (£25m)
Bentancur (£20m)
Kulusevski (£25m)
Romero (£40m)
Pedro Porro (£40m)

(Ok, you were forced into Richi by Conte - so you get a pass)

Vicari and Johnson = a Paractici targets: scouted and picked unde his watch.

Fabio Paratici. (almost) All hits, no misses?

Discuss...

Out of interest, what would you value these players be at now?

I know it's early days, but I don't think I'd have to argue too strongly for almost a 50% increase in value already...

I wonder what @pjones40 would say now? (Only as you've been such a vocal and fierce critic of our recruitment so far last and this season?)

Last edited:
I was always a Fabio fan and would have him back at the club. He bought front foot progressive footballers.

Would love to know what power he really had though, and whether he was ever into Conte.

I was always a Fabio fan and would have him back at the club. He bought front foot progressive footballers.

Would love to know what power he really had though, and whether he was ever into Conte.
I don't see why he wouldn't have had a say in Conte. If he was pulling the footballing side of things when Conte was hired then there's no reason to think he didn't at the very least support the hiring. He surely must have had an influence on it too as after all Conte had turned us down just a few months prior when Paratici hadn't arrived yet. I think what we have learnt is perhaps Paratici is a better picker of player than manager. Which isn't a surprise as he is from a scouting background

You can't argue against them on current form at all. We look to have turned a corner with our recruitment choices.

I'm still on the fence with Fabio. I like his signings (even Emerson Royal, who wasnt mentioned, I am still a fan of) but I'm still a little iffy on his restructuring behind the scenes being a bit hit n miss and his ideas of how football should be played - pragmatism.

I'm not against his returning but he has to work to the style that suits the club best, which is slightly alien to him. He has to improve getting players out the door though.

You can add around twenty million to almost all of those signings now .. except Porro ,,I would imagine , but Ange is working his magic on him at the moment …

It’s almost weird that they weren’t chosen to play under Ange ,.

Maddison and VDV ?

Is this why the DoF role still hasn't been filled? Levy is waiting for Paratici to become available again?
Given Levy is so bad at picking senior people to work for the club, when he finally gets one who seems to do a good job it's no surprise he's willing to wait for him!

Out of interest, what would you value these players be at now?

I know it's early days, but I don't think I'd have to argue too strongly for almost a 50% increase in value already...

I wonder what @pjones40 would say now? (Only as you've been such a vocal and fierce critic of our recruitment so far last and this season?)
As it's Spurs being the selling club, I would fully expect their value to be slashed in half at the point of sale!

I liked the guy.
He had a sense of authority about him. Spoke a good game. Obviously, knows his stuff.

Sadly, I think there is too much baggage that he brings. I get it that the games finances are as dirty as it gets. And that Italy is a law unto itself in that respect. But I just don't think it makes sense from a commercial/reputational perspective to have a DoF that got pinched for cooking the books at the club.
TBF he did the right thing at the time and stepped down.
But there has to be other options out there.