Papa John's - Sheff Wed | Vital Football

Papa John's - Sheff Wed

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Interesting team selection tonight, I thought Sterry was still suspended?

Even the OS game preview says Sterry is unavailable. Hope that there's not a faux pa's being perpetrated!

I can only think suspensions given for FL misconduct don't apply to Papa John's games. The team selection is hardly inspiring and looks to me as though it could play all night and not score, though defensively, it looks solid if they avoid errors.
Of course the latter is a very big if. I'm confident we wont be celebrating at 8.50 ish this evening but that would have been true whatever the team selection.

Bloomin 'eck! Talk about new manager bounce! Three goals and a clean sheet. I am once again delighted to have been proved wrong in my pessimistic prediction. I did feel the chosen line up had a solid look about it but I had misgivings about attacking threat but I was wrong. Huge pat on the back to all concerned. I think this is our biggest win this season.

Or the fag end of the old? Tonight's team was selected by Tony Sweeney, Graeme Lee and co start work from Saturday. They would do well to play a similar team against Lincoln. I gather Crawford and Odusina were excellent and although it wasn't a full strength Wednesday side, they never looked like scoring against a solid looking Pools defence. Some are saying Pools midfield looked so much more lively without Featherstone.

"One swallow........and all that"

I've a feeling, looking back at recent team selection, that the new management team have been having a look at the squad for the last couple of games.