(Paint Pot Trophy) Torquay v Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!! | Page 3 | Vital Football

(Paint Pot Trophy) Torquay v Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!!

Superb...this will do us good, only positive to come from this, and almost 400 travelled down well done them.

Get in! Feel guilty that I didn't go but it's been s busy few days..

Got to admit I thought view-to-a-kill would miss

Lost reception at 2-1!! Missed the drama & had to wait until Basingstoke for the result.

Never been pleased to see Basingstoke before!!

Well done Pompey & the 400 travellers.

Basingstoke??...Oh dear! You know life is...well? Just one step from the sanatorium when you're glad to see Basingstoke! ;-)

Thankfully my train was only passing through Basingstoke Penton!

Yes, a good win. And with almost our starting 11. Good all round.

to be fair sullivan didnt really have alot to do so its hard to judge him but definitely a cleansheet for him, and the defence, is a boost.

delighted at the win and look forward to seeing who we get next!

Always good to win a game and to keep a clean sheet in the process is encouraging.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if theres any real prize money in this competition? Obviously the final is at Wembley which I'm assuming we'd get 50% of the gate for which could be anything depending on the attendance.

Well let's hope that winning the Paint Pot wouldn't lose us money, like winning the FA Cup did!

Due to stupid player contracts we actually paid out more to players than we took in prize money, TV money & gate money.

"There's only one Peter Storrie!"

well was part of the 372 blue army, good pub close by and what of choice of fine takeaway establishments.

Ground reminded me of H & W apart from one bigger stand on the side. worst floodlights i have witnessed.

we dominated play without many clear cut chances, defence looked solid, Ertl slow and needed to be replaced by Padovani earlier, he created a chance with his first pass.

We still look short of a goal poacher

Re missed penalty by Torquay, thankfully he went for the head down welly it approach, if he had looked up he would have seen Sullivan had already dived to a corner, he seemed to dive early for every one, still none or our players looked like missing.

Glad no extra time

nice one wiggy, thanks for sharing.

not been to plainmoor for quite a few years myself, poor show on my part not to have gone i guess but will be making the league game - midweek always tough...

All the stats from Torquay (0) vs (0) Pompey, Plainmoor, 03/09/13, 7.45pm Att: 1,951

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?537059">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Pompey got a first win on the road, albeit through penalties and in the Johnstones paint trophy, but a win on the road no less.<BR><BR>To be fair, Pompey all but dominated the match, without Agyemang

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?537073">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>