Oxford v NUFC FA Cup 4th Round | Page 3 | Vital Football

Oxford v NUFC FA Cup 4th Round

McCreery - 28/1/2017 18:03

Toony....I'm confused (again) by your message..........are you seriously trying to suggest that Benitez (the bloke who has full control over all football matters) has to put a shit side out in order to convince his employers we need strengthening???

:1:

My twopenneth......

Can we remember when we are comparing today's bollux to that of previous bollux.....Pardew was stopped from competing in cups as a punishment for getting us into Europe......Rafa had the green light all the way

Toony....I'm confused (again) by your message..........are you seriously trying to suggest that Benitez (the bloke who has full control over all football matters) has to put a shit side out in order to convince his employers we need strengthening???

Indeed. A classic McCreery post as well - I wouldn't be falling into the trap of a response that's for certain!

keggy_keagal - 28/1/2017 17:33

Sorry Toony but that's bollocks . We could have won, nothing to lose by playing the strongest team possible . The side hadn't had a game since last Saturday . If we we're leading by all means make changes and rest players. So what if there's seven games in February ? How many games does a Champion's League team play ? Oxford have 6 games it didn't worry them . As for making political moves with his side selection if that's really the case he can fuck right off as well. Make the point in the boardroom. Not by sacrificing the Fa Cup for yet another year. If that's the case he's been ignorant at best and arrogant at worst. So he's either a puppet or badly misjudged what this competition means to people or a fucking narcissist ? Different manager same old shite.

Im guessing you missed my point mate.

Yes we could and should have won plus we all know fine well that players get the easy excuse nowadays with this only playing so many games in a set period of time bollocks but my point was in respect of what is said and written about the mentality of the game.

As for different manager, same shite. I agree and disagree. Half is the problem is that the game has changed massively in our lifetime and we cant or wont accept it.

The attraction for us and the reason we're still clinging to old hopes was when the game was just about winning but the invention of Sky brought around a whole set of new rules with finance at the top of the list.

The FA Cup just lies near the bottom of club's lists now along with what fans want.

keggy_keagal - 28/1/2017 18:00

How fucking inept is Mitrovic.

Marking on the set plays is disgusting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38784399

Christ, in a lifetime of watching inept displays, that's up there. Fucking pitiful.

My twopenneth......

Can we remember when we are comparing today's bollux to that of previous bollux.....Pardew was stopped from competing in cups as a punishment for getting us into Europe......Rafa had the green light all the way

Now you're confusing things further......

First off and not the first person to point this out I may add, Pardew got his critics most of the time for speaking utter shite and being of the personality he was. Insulting our intelligence was high up on the list as well.

Also, Id love to see or hear where it's been said that Rafa has full control of transfers. He even made an obvious attempt to play it down in the Summer when he extended his stay.

He did say something last week in his presser which may have been lost in translation or misinterpreted when he wondered what full control actually meant as he said that he only played a part in transfers. He did state he had final say on targets which in turn is not being involved in discussions and not making the offers.

To answer the point though, I'll clarify my point in that I reckon Rafa was making some sort of point, not so much that we need to strengthen as the regime will be well aware of the need, more that it needs to hurry up.

Hehee....Haweh man toony.....there's three days left for Christ sake....does it really take another cup defeat to point out the obvious.

I heard Pardew should have been beating Ashley's door down to demand transfers......I'm hearing now that performances like today are perfectly acceptable if Rafa is using them as a cry for help

That match was as good as a 'freebie' into the next round, had it been taken seriously. As it should have been.

Benitez gambled and got it wrong, woefully wrong.

I give him a 9.5 / 10 earlier for his handling of all club matters since he got here - that result alone drops it a full point.

I repeat - that match, was as good as a freebie into the next round.

It is NOT the time to blood youth; or at least, so many of them. You see it for what it was, a GOLDEN opportunity to progress to somewhere meaningful in the competition.

McCreery - 28/1/2017 19:27

Hehee....Haweh man toony.....there's three days left for Christ sake....does it really take another cup defeat to point out the obvious.

I heard Pardew should have been beating Ashley's door down to demand transfers......I'm hearing now that performances like today are perfectly acceptable if Rafa is using them as a cry for help

Not so much a cry for help, more just stating the obvious that the squad isn't as big or ready for premier league football as may be being made out. I also cant remember saying it was acceptable and Benitez even said the same in his after match speech blaming too many mistakes.

With us in the automatic promotion places and 6 points and a game in hand of the safety net, it's still a Summer after promotion that will dictate things, not now when it's in our hands.

I would have liked a good cup run but c'est la vie. The focus has to be getting out of the league and with away games to Brighton Huddersfield Reading and Sheff Wed that task seems an awful lot harder now.

Officemonkey - 28/1/2017 20:10

Why does it always have to be 'let's wait until the next window'?

It shouldn't be but to get promoted we need next to nowt and on that basis, next to nowt will be spent. The not knowing what division we're going to be in, in 6 and a half months will dictate a player's decision just as much as ours.

In regards to the premier league and if we were still in it then I agree, there would be no excuse not to spend.

They made £33M in the last window, trimming the wage bill substantially into the bargain, which has been snaffled by the owner and "lent" back (further strengthening his stranglehold on the club). They got a massive parachute payment which was the equivalent of a much higher place in the premier league not that long ago. They get 52K every fortnight and get the lion's share of what tv money there is in this league. You're making out they are both penniless and that they are strategically planning. I put it to you they are neither.

I guarantee even IF they are promoted, and personally I have my doubts because they are so ordinary it's beyond belief and in a false position, you'll be saying the same thing next year as to "let's see what league we are going to be in" before committing to spend.

It's woeful man - can you honestly not see what is going on? I know you can so I don't get why you're in denial. He wants promotion on the cheap (like last time) and stay in the prem league without competing. Rafa or no Rafa - absolutely nothing has changed. They've never got by the 4th round of the fa cup under this bastard for one reason and 1 reason only. He's not interested in the game. Yeah he's motivated by money but he's actually not interested in the game; its passion and certainly its glory. 0-3 at fucking Oxford should tell you that (as if 1-3 at Stevenage or consecutive defeats by Brighton before they were any great shakes or being turned over by the likes of Cardiff at home didn't).

Newcastle is nothing but a vehicle for him but by all means keep telling yourself "next year... next year" but please don't commit it to type- it's painful, man.

I wonder how many fans went down to Oxford, i wonder if they are pissed off with Benitez for selecting that team. It makes you wonder why they even bother going to the cup games knowing the club doesn't give a shit about it.

How did Huddersfield get on today? Away in the cup against league 1 opposition? Must be hard balancing a cup run with promotion ambitions.

billybobcat - 28/1/2017 22:45

I wonder how many fans went down to Oxford, i wonder if they are pissed off with Benitez for selecting that team. It makes you wonder why they even bother going to the cup games knowing the club doesn't give a shit about it.

That's why they're called supporters, there's many more clubs got them, successful and unsuccessful, supporters are there win or lose.

Managers play fringe players in Cup shocker. Wenger, Puel, Hughton, Pochettino, Benitez, Klopp etc etc.

I wonder if Brighton supporters are slagging off Hughton?

Finn_the_Dog - 28/1/2017 20:48

They made £33M in the last window, trimming the wage bill substantially into the bargain, which has been snaffled by the owner and "lent" back (further strengthening his stranglehold on the club). They got a massive parachute payment which was the equivalent of a much higher place in the premier league not that long ago. They get 52K every fortnight and get the lion's share of what tv money there is in this league. You're making out they are both penniless and that they are strategically planning. I put it to you they are neither.

I guarantee even IF they are promoted, and personally I have my doubts because they are so ordinary it's beyond belief and in a false position, you'll be saying the same thing next year as to "let's see what league we are going to be in" before committing to spend.

It's woeful man - can you honestly not see what is going on? I know you can so I don't get why you're in denial. He wants promotion on the cheap (like last time) and stay in the prem league without competing. Rafa or no Rafa - absolutely nothing has changed. They've never got by the 4th round of the fa cup under this bastard for one reason and 1 reason only. He's not interested in the game. Yeah he's motivated by money but he's actually not interested in the game; its passion and certainly its glory. 0-3 at fucking Oxford should tell you that (as if 1-3 at Stevenage or consecutive defeats by Brighton before they were any great shakes or being turned over by the likes of Cardiff at home didn't).

Newcastle is nothing but a vehicle for him but by all means keep telling yourself "next year... next year" but please don't commit it to type- it's painful, man.

With respect mate because I do respect your opinion as I do all the long term posters, you are so far off 'getting' my point it's unbelievable although with things always being lost in 'type' on screen what i will say is that im not so sure that it's me that needs to see what is going on.

Im fully aware that Ashley came into this thinking he would make a quick buck in buying and selling us in what was probably a pissed bet and im fully aware that the bigger picture is to prostitute his tat brand around and big it up on the back of the name of Newcastle United and the standing it has in world football.

Im also aware that the likes of Sky have changed the game beyond belief and substituted the fan base for many from what it was into how they think they should act or create the 'sheep' brigade. That is beyond my control I may add.

Ashley has limited the club or diverted the income via certain streams including the club shop and sponsorship, so the income figure is potentially wrong. We also haven't had the parachute payment yet and wont get it if promoted, so that is wrong.

Im painfully aware of everything apart from people on here thinking they know me based on a few words that appear on a few posts when it's so far away from the truth but what can I do.

I come from an era where the football was honest and believable with class atmospheres on a Wednesday night in the pissing icy rain against the likes of Shrewsbury and for some to try to take the piss against my mentality is just not worth replying to. In the flesh I come across differently.

When I respond on here, more often than not it doesn't describe the current predicament but is explaining certain things to how the regime may see things or in some argumentative side. Again I'll say for the millionth time, that's not me in real life but the role ive created for my position on this forum.

However, and for the point of balance for the sheep brigade. Since Ashley has came in and diverted the tens of millions away from the club coffers, the points I make still seem to happen regardless whether I believe in them or not.

Half the time i dont know why I bother typing when I know the real version of me is or has been as vocal as anyone in attacking the witnessed corruption that surrounds our club never mind having to defend the fabricated version that has came from nowhere and seems to be representative of me on here.

Then just be yourself. You don't need to create debate because as the this thread shows there's plenty of people who have an opinion on the goings on at SJP.