Oxford Build Up | Vital Football

Oxford Build Up

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Oxford United head coach Liam Manning says he is expecting an "extremely difficult" game versus Blackpool on Saturday.
The U's are second in League One and just one point behind leaders Portsmouth with a game in hand.
They have won their past five matches in convincing fashion, scoring 14 goals and only conceding two.
"The lads have done a great job and we have been able to adapt and find ways to win," Manning told BBC Radio Oxford.
"We are clear how we want to control games and we are also clear on what we can do to get through games and pick up points.
"We have done a good job so far and we are fully aware that this is a marathon - now it is about finding another way to win on
Oxford host an in-form Blackpool side at the Kassam Stadium.
Their opponents - seventh in the table - thrashed a strong Stevenage side 3-0 before the second international break and they have only lost once in their past five league matches.
"You have to remember they [Blackpool] were in the Championship last season," Manning added.
"It doesn't feel like they had a massive overhaul, they've managed to keep some of their lads and add to the ranks too.
"Neil Critchley has done a great job of getting them back on track and they have some real strength in their side."
Manning believes his side can continue their impressive run if they don't get distracted by the media spotlight.
"For me the noise from outside is just noise," he said.
"I turn up and do the best I can do every single day, and just because you are winning it doesn't make you a fantastic coach and if you are losing it doesn't make you a terrible one.
"When you start getting carried away when things are going well or when you start chasing things and questioning yourself when it's going bad, that's when challenges occur.
"We know Blackpool is going to be an extremely difficult game but we will stick to our gameplan and concentrate on us."

Let's hope Critchley concentrates on us too. Every time he's set up to try not to lose we've either been beaten convincingly or in the case of Barnsley away, clawed a 1-0 win.

It's about time we tried to win every game.