Own Goal Misery For Millers | Vital Football

Own Goal Misery For Millers

I don't understand why Phillips isn't getting a game now we're down. LR's brave committment to youth seems short-lived as Hatton who performed well in his three minute cameo was left on the bench and Totemic wheeled on to miss a chance my gran would have buried.

I don't understand why Phillips isn't getting a game now we're down. LR's brave committment to youth seems short-lived as Hatton who performed well in his three minute cameo was left on the bench and Totemic wheeled on to miss a chance my gran would have buried.

I agree with everything you said there Lindum. As soon as we were officially relegated I'd have been giving Phillips some game time. And as for the younger lads - well, they aren't so young any more and need to be playing first team football.

'There is nothing like a goal! Nothing in the world. We get speeches from our skipper and advice from Tony S, we get letters doused in perfume, we get dizzy from the smell. But what don't we get, you know darn well! There is nothing like a goal, nothing in the world! There is nothing you can name that is anything like a goal! We feel restless, we feel blue, we feel lonely and in brief, we feel every kind of feeling but the feeling of relief. We feel hungry as the wolf felt when he met Red Riding Hood but what don't we feel? We don't feel good!'

The OG was very unlucky, but if your sole objective is to get behind the ball and play for a goalless draw there is a fair chance that sooner or later the other team will get a dodgy penalty or that a defender switches off or that a shot gets deflected in off someone’s backside. Those things tend not to happen when you are in the other teams half of the pitch.

I know most own goals are usually unlucky but, to me, he did seem to bend to get his head on it. I think he thought he was further away from the open goal than he was.

And I agree CleanSweeper I like Andy Rinomhota and would like him to be with us next season - whether that will be the case we shall just have to wait and see.