Out the blue...........Baldock? | Vital Football

Out the blue...........Baldock?

it also says CW doesn't know what his budget is, which is bollocks. The only way George would be going is because we've got a better one coming.

Baldock and Basham for me would be the weak links in the Prem.

Wilder will have to keep them,if he dont find out what his budget is until Sept :contract:

Basham would be one of the first in the team for me. We need men with spirit who give 100%.

If we've let his contract run down to the last year then you have to ask why. CW wasn't that impressed? Can't be right in view of the number of games he played. Concerns about his fitness? Plausible as he does seem to have periods where he's out injured each season. Whatever reason we are not in a good bargaining position with only a year left on his contract if true.

Baldock has genuine pace something we are in short supply of and Freeman is not the answer so we need to be putting a big price on him even if he wants to leave as Premiership full backs don't come cheap.

Baldock definitely only has a year left on his contract, although I wouldn't be surprised if we had an option to extend it as we have done with many other contracts under Wilder.

The article itself is full of lazy court case journalism again, so it is suspect to start with, but Celtic might be interested. If we sell him it won't be to raise transfer funds, that is silly as a 26 year old right back with a year left on his contract isn't going to fetch more than a few million, which would have to be spent on a replacement anyway. The only reasons I can see for this to happen are that either Chris thinks we can improve on him or George wants the move, as we saw with the Lee Evans thing that Chris will let people leave if they don't want to play for the club.

As an interesting aside, Celtics scouting report and transfer strategy was leaked online earlier this week, which is presumably accurate as the club has launched an internal investigation about it. I had a look and Baldock is not on there, so if they have actually bid for him then they've apparently done so despite not having scouted him before...

Seems strange why CW would want to let Baldock go when he was first choice last season over Freeman. Obviously there is the argument that he just doesn’t think he will cut it in the Prem, but by default the same logic should apply to Freeman and he should also be made available on the transfer list.
CW did state he wasn’t going to take a wrecking ball to the squad, and I know it’s only one player, but he has been quite dependable & solid for us so do think he should at least be given a chance to prove himself at the highest level.
If 3 or 4 games in it becomes obvious it’s not working then fair enough, but unfortunately were not going to find that out until mid August at the earliest.

At the last mid week home match in March 2019 (I think it was against Brentford) I saw Neil Lennon in the club car park before the game.He was with two associates who frankly dwarfed home and looked like minders. As he walked through the door into the Club I joked about which Blades player he had come to watch although it could equally have been a Brentford player. It seemed odd that he had presumably come all the way down from Scotland for a midweek night match.

Now that I have heard this rumour I think there may be truth in it.

Treeton Blade on S24SU has confirmed the interest is genuine but thinks an offer of a new three year contract will lead GB to re sign.

Can't we flog em Kieran Freeman instead ?

I can understand the lure of Celtic, guarenteed medals and big European nights, but I can also see the lure of sticking around for what will be a special PL season where he'll get to play against the best teams in the world.

No player's bigger than United, CW will do what's best for the club.

We can't replace too many. Lack of money and the fact that he is not the weakest link in our chain IMO.

one player i dont mind being sold for a good price we can find a better replacement for the prem