Our support across Lincolnshire? | Vital Football

Our support across Lincolnshire?

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
I was up in Louth for a few hours last weekend and I went into Morrison's supermarket and was surprised to see two lads with their parents shopping and wearing Lincoln City shirts. I looked at the dad and said Up the Imps and we had a quick chat. He said there are more City fans in and around Louth than you expect, and I was a little surprised at that.

I have always thought of Louth as a Codhead heartland as it's only 18 miles from Grimsby and 30 miles from Lincoln across the Wolds.

I guess it's as a result of the last few years of success and playing in higher division than the Cods. Anybody live or have experience out that way and can say if there are many City fans out there?

Great that we have fans especially young fans closer the Grimsby though.

From the Rasen perspective - when I was growing up, very small amount of Lincoln or Grimsby fans (all the big clubs), but slightly more Grimsby with them being higher in the pyramid. Went to school in Caistor and then there were a lot more Grimsby and not really any Lincoln, but that is getting closer to Codland.

Certainly in Rasen area I think a few more Lincoln have popped up with the recent success, which is great, especially knowing that we might be taking fans away from Man United and co.

Been in Gainsborough for a year, only seen three other Imps shirts. Then again I've not seen any Trinity 'colours', assuming they do replica kits.

Typically down my small cul-de-sac (11 properties) the three other football 'fans' consist of a Man City (originally from there and still remembers our cup tie with them too well for his liking), a Liverpool and an Arsenal - obviously neither from those locations, and in their defence of all things Imps, not from Lincoln either.

Louth is still predominantly a barcode town, I think with the recent success the Lincoln Fans are more likely to wear the badge in town whereas for most of my time here there hasn't been too much to shout about. I know of maybe 20 or 30 fans who go week in week out

And there is a white van bloke in the street next to mine with two #glazersout stickers on his back doors. I am thinking of printing of stickers that say #boringtwat to stick under them