Our Squad How I see It. | Vital Football

Our Squad How I see It.

fanforlife

Alert Team
It's all about a push for the Prem, let`s see if the experience proves the right move....We`ll know by next May....It will then be a big clearout if it comes off.

We have to get through the January transfer debacle first - expect Rowe will be pursued if he carries on like he has started. There's also a few freebies around but they seem to be injury prone. The loans for a year wont be with us, the one year contracts for some of the oldies wont be renewed and some of the contracteds will be up. Yep, has the potential for going up and the seine net we've used to collect anyone that dont cost or dont cost much will tip out when the base tie lets go.

S Webber will be gone so there's another unknown.

If we dont go up then we'll back to square one but in a bigger mess I expect

Guess also it depends what manager we have by then also

Problem is that even if we do get promoted and release the one year contract senior player,s we are left with a squad miles off premier league lower mid table standard, nobody left to cash in on and no chance of signing 1 or 2 good players yet alone the 5 or 6 minimum required.

Only solution would be for Smiffs and Webbers to finally all eff off and put someone with money and know how in charge.
What is the chance of that happening ?

Nil . We will either finish mid table in this league or go up with the Smiffs THREE time Prem failure , learn nothing and get humiliated yet again .The only way to stop that is like DG says … new ,rich and ambitious owners to take us forwards

As my post implies...It's all about a push for the Prem....Then clear out time whatever happens.
The problem is we can't afford to add to the team let alone a clear out, we've had two teams that made the push for the Prem before and won the league comfortably. Those teams probably required less investment that the current team does when promoted and as we saw we can't afford it, that was before the huge debt and we had to sell anything and everything will the slightest bit of value.

If we go up unless we make Nottingham Forest numbers of signings we will go down again in another embarrassing capitulation.

Looking at our starting 11 I can only see 3 players who might, and that is might not definitely, have the ability to step up to the next level.
As for the rest I can only think of 3 others that would be ok for squad players who can be a stop gap for a few games and 1 player I want to see more of before making a judgment.

Do you think/trust that the club would actually do a clear out if we went up?

I bet they would stick with Hanley, Duffy and Gibson as central defenders and Barnes, Idah and Sargent as our forwards.

I just don't see them spending much at all if we went up. If we stay down then my goodness if could be a mess with Rowe, Sara, Gunn all leaving I think

This is the problem we are storing up for ourselves

Danny Batth. 33 (almost)
Shaun Duffy. 31
Ben Gibson. 30
Grant Hanley. 32 (almost)
Ashley Barnes 34 (almost)
Ken McClean 31
Adam Forshaw. 32
Onel Hernandez. 30

If the selfish , unambitious and impoverished Smiffs are still owners with their ‘Self funded club ‘ dictating our finances then promotion would be a humiliating disaster with no money to replace so many ageing players .

I do not agree with ' self funding ' in 2020's as this did not work even 10 years ago, but if that is the strategy due to impoverished selfish owners refusing to let go, then buy young and sell for a profit is the only way to make it even have a chance of working.
Instead Smiffs and Webbers have sold an entire back 4 and 2 creative midfielders and replaced them with freebies with no sell on value.

Way too early for Rowe to be judged but seems to me that Sara is only player remaining with a decent value and the SF strategy requires at least 2 large fee players to be sold just to stand still.

This is the problem we are storing up for ourselves

Danny Batth. 33 (almost)
Shaun Duffy. 31
Ben Gibson. 30
Grant Hanley. 32 (almost)
Ashley Barnes 34 (almost)
Ken McClean 31
Adam Forshaw. 32
Onel Hernandez. 30

If the selfish , unambitious and impoverished Smiffs are still owners with their ‘Self funded club ‘ dictating our finances then promotion would be a humiliating disaster with no money to replace so many ageing players .
Also, on that list I don't think any are good enough for the premiership.

Lots of players deals expire too. Gibson, placheta, McCallum, forshaw, Batth, giannoulis, Sorensen, tompkinson, McCracken

The problem is we can't afford to add to the team let alone a clear out, we've had two teams that made the push for the Prem before and won the league comfortably. Those teams probably required less investment that the current team does when promoted and as we saw we can't afford it, that was before the huge debt and we had to sell anything and everything will the slightest bit of value.

If we go up unless we make Nottingham Forest numbers of signings we will go down again in another embarrassing capitulation.

Looking at our starting 11 I can only see 3 players who might, and that is might not definitely, have the ability to step up to the next level.
As for the rest I can only think of 3 others that would be ok for squad players who can be a stop gap for a few games and 1 player I want to see more of before making a judgment.
I wish I had your Crystal ball for the lottery tonight!

Problem is that even if we do get promoted and release the one year contract senior player,s we are left with a squad miles off premier league lower mid table standard, nobody left to cash in on and no chance of signing 1 or 2 good players yet alone the 5 or 6 minimum required.

Only solution would be for Smiffs and Webbers to finally all eff off and put someone with money and know how in charge.
What is the chance of that happening ?
Zero

I wish I had your Crystal ball for the lottery tonight!
In what sense? If it's to do with which players I think can step up to the Premier League I am interested in hearing your thought on which players you think are good enough.

Last edited: