Our Run In | Vital Football

Our Run In

Walthamstow wanderer

Alert Team
Staff member
Just a slight blip when we get to late April , early May .

February
17 Wolves H
23 Chelsea A

March
2 Palace H
10 Villa A
16 Fulham A
30 Luton H

April
2 Spammers A
6 Forest H
13 Newcastle A
20 Manchester City H
27 Goons H

May
4 Liverpool A
11 Burnley H
19 Sheffield United A

We will need our strongest , most fluent team in the last 6 games .

Seven points off the top at the moment …

Fourteen game run with a decimated squad after a ten game opening run .

Anything could happen ..

Need to pick up as many points as we can in this run

As we've seen United/Villa are as capable of losing games they shouldn't as Spurs.

Need the European clubs not to suck for too 5 to be CL

our run in's for the last umpteeth seasons have been blown as we never seem to cope against lower ranked teams that are on relegation defence duties (all banana skins) and I dont think this season will be any different
This is really where we are SPURSY - we just cant cope with the game stress

Maybe we need to go find the shrink from Ted Lasso's Richmond team and set her amongst the players :yes:

Win all 14 and we win the league.

Simple
Unfortunately it won't. At least one, quite possibly two of the current top three will reach the ninety point level, which is out of reach for us.
But we shouldn't be greedy!. Pretty much since the start of the season I've predicted 22 wins, 8 losses, and 8 draws for 74 points for us, and I'll be very surprised if we don't finish within one point either way of that.
74 points will almost certainly be good enough for 4th place and guaranteed CL football. I'll settle for that. Eight wins, three draws and three defeats will do it for us.

The Chelsea game was a Sky TV game which means Sky will save it for right at the end of the season. imagine how much Chelsea will be up for that one. Also I can't see west Ham laying down as they did against Arsenal. A tough run in - we will probably need to win at least two of that four game stretch - Newcastle, City, Arsenal and Liverpool.

The Chelsea game was a Sky TV game which means Sky will save it for right at the end of the season. imagine how much Chelsea will be up for that one. Also I can't see west Ham laying down as they did against Arsenal. A tough run in - we will probably need to win at least two of that four game stretch - Newcastle, City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
Nah! 3 wins n a draw there....simples LOL! COYS

Just a slight blip when we get to late April , early May .

February
17 Wolves H
23 Chelsea A

March
2 Palace H
10 Villa A
16 Fulham A
30 Luton H

April
2 Spammers A
6 Forest H
13 Newcastle A
20 Manchester City H
27 Goons H

May
4 Liverpool A
11 Burnley H
19 Sheffield United A

We will need our strongest , most fluent team in the last 6 games .

Seven points off the top at the moment …

Fourteen game run with a decimated squad after a ten game opening run .

Anything could happen ..
I reckon a minimum of 6/7 wins...3/4 draws ...3/4 defeats... 21-25 points which I think will get us 4th. Our next two home games for me are so important, win them (as we should) and by our next game everyone should be up and running fitness wise for the harder games that follow...

It really doesn't matter whom we play or when we play em, in reality we should be looking to win every game.
But I do suppose you need to look at, who will be 'safe' and on the Sun bed come May, Who still has more than one iron in the fire, and who's down and out.
With a bit of luck we have our strongest 11 on the pitch for a few games, which will allow the team to gel and progress, no distractions so aim for the Stars we may hit the ceiling.

Unfortunately it won't. At least one, quite possibly two of the current top three will reach the ninety point level, which is out of reach for us.

Based on form up to this point City are top of the table and would finish on 86 points. Win all 14 we finish on 89.

Problem is City seem to have clicked, De Bruyne and Haaland are back, they've won 5 on the bounce with Chelsea in disarray up next.

So you may well be right. But it's not definitely over yet.

I still think we could hunt down 3rd place if we click. Bissouma rediscovering his early season form is probably the most important improvement we can make at the moment, along with finding a way of Richy maintaining his goalscoring without stopping Son being at his best.

Last edited:
Based on form up to this point City are top of the table and would finish on 86 points. Win all 14 we finish on 89.

Problem is City seem to have clicked, De Bruyne and Haaland are back, they've won 5 on the bounce with Chelsea in disarray up next.

So you may well be right. But it's not definitely over yet.

I still think we could hunt down 3rd place if we click. Bissouma rediscovering his early season form is probably the most important improvement we can make at the moment, along with finding a way of Richy maintaining his goalscoring without stopping Son being at his best.
The PL is regularly won on 90 points plus, and it wouldn't be the first time in recent seasons if City and Liverpool go head to head to the finish, both comfortably breaking ninety points. As you rightly point out however, City will need a very good last third of the season to match the totals they've been achieving in recent seasons. Without checking the history, I think it's quite probable however, that City regularly have their strongest points average over the last third of the season.
Certainly given where we are currently, we'd need to fall away quite badly not to achieve what would normally be a top four points total. I don't see us finishing in the top two, but certainly third place is still very much a possibility if any of the three above us falter.