Our Pitch | Vital Football

Our Pitch

clanford

Vital 1st Team Regular
In the post match interview M 🍎 was clearly not happy with our pitch. Didn’t say exactly what it was but indicated that the players Didn’t like playing on it. Seemed okay to me today. Obviously it’s very heavy with the recent deluges so possibly the drainage is one of the issues.

In the post match interview M 🍎 was clearly not happy with our pitch. Didn’t say exactly what it was but indicated that the players Didn’t like playing on it. Seemed okay to me today. Obviously it’s very heavy with the recent deluges so possibly the drainage is one of the issues.
Ay up Clanford, you don't want me to list the scorers do you? Get in there!

When has the pitch @ The LNER Stadium been any good. From my recollection there have always been issues, not sure if the drain has anything to do with it, I seem to recall that being mentioned at some point over the years. Although gone are the days when Skegness beach seemed to have been dropped on it.

When has the pitch @ The LNER Stadium been any good. From my recollection there have always been issues,

At one time, Sincil Bank was always considered to be one of the best pitches in the league.

I remember when we signed the midfielder Ray Lancaster in about 1967 he said about joining Lincoln, "If you can't play on the pitch at Sincil Bank you just can't play".

As things turned out he was correct - he just couldn't play.

At one time, Sincil Bank was always considered to be one of the best pitches in the league.

I remember when we signed the midfielder Ray Lancaster in about 1967 he said about joining Lincoln, "If you can't play on the pitch at Sincil Bank you just can't play".

Lovingly remembered as "Twiggy"!

🤣

Just watched the Tranni highlights and their pitch is like a ploughed field. Do they share with Rugby League ?

Duff and Campbell were very complimentary about the pitch at the back end of last season.

I suspect the ground is still sodden from the increased rainfall. Will take a while to recover I suspect!

The pitch has been very good but seem to have gone downhill prior to the Tranmere game. I actually thought it looked better yesterday again though. Dry weather and sunshine required!

i thought it looked a tad long maybe not been able to keep down due to high rainfall. hence holding moisture and players slipping over

So what exactly is the issue with the pitch? Surely it cannot just be the amount of rain we have had - would that really affect the run of the ball in the way MA is suggesting?

Phil, are you out there?

Can you give us any insight into what is wrong with the pitch? I thought we had laid a high quality type, so I would have expected it to be good to play on, especially considering that it has not been used much so far.

I was always told that the South Park end of the ground has an unusually high water table, caused by the underground water flow from off the common. With the amount of rain we've had I'd assume that the water table is too high for the pitch drainage to work? Don't quote me on that though.