Our NHS (n/G) | Page 9 | Vital Football

Our NHS (n/G)

1) Really - I would say "lets" was definitely a statement of intent if Brexit won.

2) It is - and as a publicly funded organisation the Secretary of State for Health for delivering VFM. Perhaps they should have demanded more efficiencies
How could Leave make a statement of intent when the Government, including the PM were officially supporting Remain?

How could Leave make a statement of intent when the Government, including the PM were officially supporting Remain?
Fairly clear that if brexit won that cameron would resign and the new conservative leader could be a brexiter.

Although you are right most of what leave said turned out to be spin/bollox, might as well be what was on the bus as well

You think I care more about football than the future of the UK?

If you cannot see the current trend and what the UK will be like in 50 years..... well, you must be blind.
And if you genuinely believe immigration is the root cause of all your problems then I feel sorry for you.
In 50 years neither of us will likely be here.
Our kids/grand kids, who will have already grown up sharing multi cultural classrooms and workplaces, will be.
Being constantly upset about such a global issue will not make it magically go away (even if you vote Reform) and will just make you bitter. Being frightened of people with a medieval faith ignores the fact that it will dilute and diminish through future generations as it has in Christian UK (no offence if you regularly attend church).
The UK and the world will always change. It always has and the UK has, of course, played many a leading role in shaping global changes for sometimes good and sometimes not so good results.
As my dear old dad used to say 'Don't get angry about the stuff that you can do nothing about'
I used to get pi$$ed off about Brexit but remembered my dads advice and am now quite chilled about the f*****g mess we're in. So it does work.

And if you genuinely believe immigration is the root cause of all your problems then I feel sorry for you.
Our kids/grand kids, who will have already grown up sharing multi cultural classrooms and workplaces, will be.
Being constantly upset about such a global issue will not make it magically go away (even if you vote Reform) and will just make you bitter. Being frightened of people with a medieval faith ignores the fact that it will dilute and diminish through future generations as it has in Christian UK (no offence if you regularly attend church).
The UK and the world will always change. It always has and the UK has, of course, played many a leading role in shaping global changes for sometimes good and sometimes not so good results.
As my dear old dad used to say 'Don't get angry about the stuff that you can do nothing about'
I used to get pi$$ed off about Brexit but remembered my dads advice and am now quite chilled about the f*****g mess we're in. So it does work.

I hope you are right, Vambo, but it will be neither an easy nor a natural process to judge by the many multicultural societies which exist around the world and whose fault lines appear whenever their societies is under pressure. In my day, we were taught the Lebanon as a model of success.

Last edited:
Don't agree with your statement about dilution. A fanatical religion will ensure that its followers will be totally indoctrinated with hatred & an overwhelming desire to punish the infidels. For me, religion & certain political madmen are the curse of modern society.

Firstly thank you for clearly making a serious response, instead of the easy flippant stuff we some people respond with.

It's good to see you're not blind and see the same problem as myself. The only part I'd disagree is the dilution. Christianity has become less-prominent because the UK is generally less religious but I don't think certain groups coming here will ever drop their religion. They remain so closely-knit I don't think much "diluting" is happening.

Firstly thank you for clearly making a serious response, instead of the easy flippant stuff we some people respond with.

It's good to see you're not blind and see the same problem as myself. The only part I'd disagree is the dilution. Christianity has become less-prominent because the UK is generally less religious but I don't think certain groups coming here will ever drop their religion. They remain so closely-knit I don't think much "diluting" is happening.
Once oppressed girls are demanding equality of educational opportunities. FGM, arranged marriages and so called honour killings are in decline. More young men and women are wearing western clothing and enjoying western freedoms.
Long, long way to go but the early signs of diluting, I would argue, are already evident.

Sadly they all do and its getting worse

Rwanda is exactly that. It will do little in practical terms but it plays well with a chunk of the electorate. "look how tough we are" with about 200 people at huge costs to the country.

Could retrain some of them to be dentists at a similar cost.

On the subject of immigration my last four NHS dentists have been Iranian, African (forget which country), South American (forget which country) and either Polish or another eastern European country - never had the courage to ask him.

Bloody immigrants coming over here.... take, take, take without contributing ;-)
Yes. I'm just about to have an appointment with my lazy scrounging Egyptian Consultant regarding my Cancer check up. I bet he's taking up some living accommodation somewhere. Disgraceful. Kick him out.
:rolleyes:

Yes. I'm just about to have an appointment with my lazy scrounging Egyptian Consultant regarding my Cancer check up. I bet he's taking up some living accommodation somewhere. Disgraceful. Kick him out.
:rolleyes:
He's not an economic migrant. I'm all for high-skilled migration because they pay a lot of tax and it's much smaller numbers of people.

And I wish you all the best regarding your check-up.

He's not an economic migrant. I'm all for high-skilled migration because they pay a lot of tax and it's much smaller numbers of people.

And I wish you all the best regarding your check-up.
Thank you.

Actually he is an economic migrant as he's come here to further his career, fortunately for me and others.

At the moment we need the lower paid migrants whether we like it or not as there is such a shortage in areas such as care and hospitality.

You say they don't pay much tax as low earners but then we gain from their cheap labour. Alternatively we pay decent wages and they will then pay lots of tax. Problem is our costs would rocket. Pay "indegenous" people decent wages and costs would also rocket. What do the public actually want?

No easy answers either way tbh.

Last edited:
Say what? What evidence do you have that Islam is "diluting"? In any country?

At the moment we need the lower paid migrants whether we like it or not as there is such a shortage in areas such as care and hospitality.
So, despite having 10 million people in the UK that were born overseas, we still need more to fill the shortage in care and hospitality?