Our joe | Vital Football

Our joe

Bulmer1889

Vital Football Legend
Staff member
Has stepped down as england cricket captain saying he didnt realise how much the job had taken out of him
Good luck in the future joe still one of the best batsmen in the world

Didn't know 'til I saw this Bully.

A great cricketer ruined by the ineptitude of those around him. A sad day for the last vestiges of proper cricket as some no mark with little pedigree now gets a chance at the top playing position for any TRUE Englishman.

Let someone else have the role AND be as effective in their chosen speciality whilst corralling a bunch of one day, one hit wonders.
Remember- more centuries than any other England captain and more test wins than any other with just over 2000 runs in the last 16 months and, as he says, it was weighing him down.
Just what it will do to someone with less inate ability will be interesting to see.

The best batsman of many generations, a pleasure to watch from boy to man, a well spoken, intelligent, sporting tough competitor who did it all with ( mainly) a smile on his face.
I thank him for the sheer joy and pleasure he has given me.
Maybe, on a day such as this, he will rise through the morass of mediocrity he has had to deal with to become, statistically, the greatest England batsman of all time and will rightly become Sir Joe of Sheffield - hopefully when he reaches 10,000 runs in the next few weeks.

THANK YOU JOE.

A great cricketer ruined by the ineptitude of those around him. A sad day for the last vestiges of proper cricket as some no mark with little pedigree now gets a chance at the top playing position for any TRUE Englishman.

Let someone else have the role AND be as effective in their chosen speciality whilst corralling a bunch of one day, one hit wonders.
Remember- more centuries than any other England captain and more test wins than any other with just over 2000 runs in the last 16 months and, as he says, it was weighing him down.
Just what it will do to someone with less inate ability will be interesting to see.

The best batsman of many generations, a pleasure to watch from boy to man, a well spoken, intelligent, sporting tough competitor who did it all with ( mainly) a smile on his face.
Maybe, on a day such as this, he will rise through the morass of mediocrity he has had to deal with to become, statistically, the greatest England batsman of all time and will rightly become Sir Joe of Sheffield - hopefully when he reaches 10,000 runs in the next few weeks.

THANK YOU JOE.
Tha were too busy suckin up to Boris & his clowns the buffoon to notice our Joe had resigned,TUT TUT TUT TT. UTB

Tha were too busy suckin up to Boris & his clowns the buffoon to notice our Joe had resigned,TUT TUT TUT TT. UTB
Top of my list of things to do in Spain Rod.:p

Apart from looking on here I do not follow much of the so called news.
Joe should have retired from international cricket altogether and then we'd see how he's carried that lot for years.Next story will be about having a 'disruptive influence' in the dressing room so he'll probably walk anyway.
Dangerous territory now if the mentally fragile Stokes takes over, even more dangerous if the serial reviewer Broad gets the job.

England, on the road to nowhere- thanks Giles, Strauss, Harrison et al.

See Yorkshire started well.

THANK YOU JOE.
You wouldn’t have known TT it came up as a notification whilst I was on my iPad it was only announced publicly just after 9

Rob Key has been named the managing director of England mens cricket. Key takes over from Andrew Strauss who took it over on a interim basis after Ashley Giles was sacked. TT will he do any better than the previous duck eggs do you think? UTB

Rob Key has been named the managing director of England mens cricket. Key takes over from Andrew Strauss who took it over on a interim basis after Ashley Giles was sacked. TT will he do any better than the previous duck eggs do you think? UTB
Couldn't do worse get Brooks in a second Joe I thinks 😃

Good 6 wicket win for the White Rose boys today Peaky,i bet TT will be pleased when he see's the result.:yes: UTB
Just about to post the YCCC summer thread Rod.
As for Key well, one of his suggestions to take over the England captaincy was Irongloves Buttler so I have absolutely no faith in his ability to make a bunch of no marks any better by putting a no mark in charge.