Our Home Record | Vital Football

Our Home Record

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
As well as we have done this season I can't help but think with a bit better home record it would have been done and dusted weeks ago Out of the present top 8 we have only managed to beat one (Plymouth ) at home I dont see that as perticulary impressive
Any thoughts'

As well as we have done this season I can't help but think with a bit better home record it would have been done and dusted weeks ago Out of the present top 8 we have only managed to beat one (Plymouth ) at home I dont see that as perticulary impressive
Any thoughts'

We have been a scalp this season, lots of teams set up to nullify us at home.
The better teams have achieved this.
Rotherham deserved their point today but that first goal is so important to get.

I also think we have been too pedestrian and fannied around with the ball aroud the 18yd area instead of having a crack.
Today been a perfect example

I think Plymouth were bottom when we beat them as well. Hammered Pompey and should have beaten them easily and probably deserved to overturn Shrewsbury too. Other than that Charlton game was appalling, too timid against ten man Blackburn, poor against Scunny and Peterborough and deserved nothing today. You could argue it'll be a problem next season when the teams will be better or on a par to these, though hopefully we will have strengthened as well should the takeover go ahead.

Definitely a recurring theme under Cook. His Pompey team had similar problems at home apparently although I haven’t checked their overall home record under him. (They still won the league mind).

OTE="Made in Wigan, post: 1320403, member: 11457"]I think Plymouth were bottom when we beat them as well. Hammered Pompey and should have beaten them easily and probably deserved to overturn Shrewsbury too. Other than that Charlton game was appalling, too timid against ten man Blackburn, poor against Scunny and Peterborough and deserved nothing today. You could argue it'll be a problem next season when the teams will be better or on a par to these, though hopefully we will have strengthened as well should the takeover go ahead.[/QUOTE]

Thats my worry we wont be smashing teams away next season like we have this time we are going to have to make our homes games count to keep abreast with the rest.

We have consistently struggled to perform against the top sides in this division this season, but we have consistently beaten the sides outside the top 8. My biggest issue is that we really struggle against teams that apply pressure with a half decent press. The championship is unlike every other league, every team has the ability to press, imo being the most physical league in the world. Although the championship stanadard is lacking in other areas every squad is fit and will at the very least apply constant pressure throughout each game.

If we went into the first game of next season with todays line-up i'd be worried, but this is a league one side. We have to judge them(Team/staff) on that and see where we are when/if we're playing championship football next season.

Probably just the type of football Cook favours. More suited to away matches although it came good last week at home. Anyway it's another point closer to promotion which is the main goal. Definitely will have to look at a lot of things for next season but let's just enjoy this one for now. Three points and nothing less on Tuesday.
Question on today though why didn't we just do what we did on Tuesday when Nick went off? It totally changed the game at Rochdale.

In fact we’ve only beaten 1 of top 10 at home - maybe we should play away every week

Can’t see a problem myself, we have 87 points with 5 games to go so why the angst boys? Let’s have some positivity.

Probably just the type of football Cook favours. More suited to away matches although it came good last week at home. Anyway it's another point closer to promotion which is the main goal. Definitely will have to look at a lot of things for next season but let's just enjoy this one for now. Three points and nothing less on Tuesday.
Question on today though why didn't we just do what we did on Tuesday when Nick went off? It totally changed the game at Rochdale.

I think PC explained the decision to replace Powell with Roberts instead of Vaughan in his post-match interview - Rotherham were packing the midfield from the get go and doing so effectively, so he wanted to keep a balance there rather than risk being over-loaded by introducing a second striker.

Rochdale didn't have anyway near as strong a grip in the midfield as Rotherham did today, so it was a lot safer to introduce a second striker for a brief period.

Can’t see a problem myself, we have 87 points with 5 games to go so why the angst boys? Let’s have some positivity.

I can understand the fans frustration apart from the FA cup games we have been pants at home in the league.