Our Fishy Friends | Page 6 | Vital Football

Our Fishy Friends

I have to admit I am becoming a little obsessed with the unfolding drama at BP.It's gripping stuff .I might have to bing read The Fishy .Will there be a box set?

I have to admit I am becoming a little obsessed with the unfolding drama at BP.It's gripping stuff .I might have to bing read The Fishy .Will there be a box set?
It's certainly more far fetched than anything The Corrie script writers ever come up with.

BBC Humberside Sport on Twitter: "LISTEN: @officialgtfc chairman @PhilipD0411 explains to @mikewhitesport why an offer to buy major shareholder John Fenty's stake in the club was rejected but leaves the door open for a takeover to still happen. #gtfc https://t.co/BnJJrff7oz" / Twitter

From 11:25, simply incredible. BBC Radio Humberside Reporter questions The GTFC Chairman about the thinking of allowing convicted fraudster Alex May into their club.

His replies are astonishing and we wonder why football and club ownership is so often brought into disrepute.

Just one thought arising from the answers. If Alex May wanted to be rehabilitated by investing (writing off) his money into a random football club but he wasn't going to be allowed to become a director or be involved in managing the club, what was in it for him?

Despite their hatred of Danny Cowley and the football we played. He appears to be the name most frequently mentioned on the forum. Funny old game, nevertheless he isn’t going to that basket case of a club.

If we are looking for Hollywood investment, this guy has all the skills needed.
"Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies
Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain
For we've received orders to sail for old England"
20201224_134908.jpg

I do have a modicum of sympathy for the Cods whilst that right wing tool Fenty has anything to do with football. How cringeworthy was that bunny hopping you tube video he did perched on the corner on a mini pool table in a perfectly formed 1990s bungalow!

Last edited:
The way I see it,the offer from the Consortium,looks very reasonable. Fenty should bite their hand off.

I fully understand that Grimsby and The Imps are rivals and they are a weird bunch. However I think it is sad they are in the situation they find themselves in. They are club with a reasonable and proud history and I would rather be up against them than the likes of FGR or Fleetwood any day. No disrespect to those clubs, but they are rich boys playthings who have been catapulted through the leagues with no substantial fan base and in my humble opinion do not bring a huge amount to the EFL table.

I fully understand that Grimsby and The Imps are rivals and they are a weird bunch. However I think it is sad they are in the situation they find themselves in. They are club with a reasonable and proud history and I would rather be up against them than the likes of FGR or Fleetwood any day. No disrespect to those clubs, but they are rich boys playthings who have been catapulted through the leagues with no substantial fan base and in my humble opinion do not bring a huge amount to the EFL table.
Totally agree mate. Nice to see them struggle as our local rivals but it is sad to see the mire they are in. The old saying’ there by the grace of God go I’ has never been more appropriate. Like us they have some real bell end keyboard warriors but I know several die hard Mariners who really fear for their clubs existence and the majority are true lower league football fans. I don’t mind admitting I feel their pain and hope they can sort the mess out so we can continue as footballing rivals.