Our Current Squad (updated regularly) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Our Current Squad (updated regularly)

A very busy deadline day for a change. We usually don't see much action but it looks like KJ left all his dealings to the last minute! In came Stuart O'Keefe, Oliver Hawkins, Damien McCrory and Matty Kennedy. Out went Baker, Davies, Smith and Kabamba (loan). Also updated the recent arrival of Dion Donahue

GOALKEEPERS
McGee
Bass

RIGHT BACKS
Thompson
Talbot
McCrory
Evans *

CENTRE BACKS
Clarke
Burgess
Whatmough
Thompson *

LEFT BACKS
Haunstraup
McCrory
Talbot*
Donahue*

DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDERS
Rose
May
Close
Donahue
Whatmough *
Thompson *

WINGERS
Bennett
Lowe
Evans
Kennedy
Lalkovic *
Naismith *
McCrory *

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS
Naismith
Lalkovic
O'Keefe
Close *

STRIKERS
Pitman
Chaplin
Hawkins
Main
Lowe *
Naismith *

SELECTED YOUTHS
Collins (17 - GK)
Bedford - (18 - MF)
Oxlade-Chamberlain (19 - MF)
Wriddlington (18 - MF)

Thrilled with the signings, KJ hasn't wasted anytime in stamping his mark on the squad and I for one have a good feeling about it...

I have to say, Hawkins apart but lets give the lad a go, the signings look to have given the spine of the team a more solid feel and I am definitely more positive with them albeit loans. I really wanted the Bennett, Baker, Naismith combination to be given a chance as I thought they would hold their own, then it was a striker a left back, a centre mid and a goalie, well we now have them all but with Baker unfortunately going. I was surprised to see Kabamba go and I don't like loanees going in ahead of our youngsters but they all have a good pedigree and I am sure the homegrown talent will all be involved plenty. Looking forward to Sunday.

I have to say, Hawkins apart but lets give the lad a go, the signings look to have given the spine of the team a more solid feel and I am definitely more positive with them albeit loans. I really wanted the Bennett, Baker, Naismith combination to be given a chance as I thought they would hold their own, then it was a striker a left back, a centre mid and a goalie, well we now have them all but with Baker unfortunately going. I was surprised to see Kabamba go and I don't like loanees going in ahead of our youngsters but they all have a good pedigree and I am sure the homegrown talent will all be involved plenty. Looking forward to Sunday.

Think O'Keefe was a really good addition as he'll give us that bite in midfield we've been lacking, experience too.

Not too sure on Hawkins, not certain he'll add much more than we had, but as you say well will give him a chance.

Is the squad weaker than last season? I'm not sure, I think 'different' is the best word, so all in all, like you Penton, I'm happy with the deals Jackett's done - now let's see what he can do with them going forward.