Our Competitors Are Getting Away With Blue Murder | Vital Football

Our Competitors Are Getting Away With Blue Murder

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
I cannot dispute Lee Mason sending Fernandinho off against Burnley on Bank Holiday Monday (2 January 2017) but our competitors appear to be getting away with blue murder.

Article written by Cornelius Lysergovic.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=576244

Let me explain

• Chelsea – In three of their first four league games of the season Costa picked up a yellow card. Everyone of them, all commentators and media reports agree and say that he should have had a second and been given his marching orders. So they’ve had three maybe four matches whereby Costa has played and not been suspended. I wonder how they would have coped.

• We continue on the Chelsea theme…David Luiz – his shoulder barges all well known to everyone who ever watches the Premier League leaders. He’s always taking players out and what do referees do? Nothing! No wonder then when Aguero was enraged when Luiz was not shown red for taking him out when Kun was through on goal. So if my calculations are correct Luiz should have missed the following three games.

• Manchester United –They have had three games with a one man advantage – you had no right to. Two APPAULING Rojo fouls, neither of which could be acted upon because of the ridiculous, “oh he got a yellow” ruling. Rojo should have, like Ferna missed seven games. And then the ridiculous West Ham sending off for a 50/50 tackle involving Phil Jones.

• Arsenal last night struggled and very lucky to win a point had poor old AFC Bournemouth not seen one of their men being sent off. Incidentally the Cherries have appealed the red card.

Is it me being a conspiracy theorist or am I making sense?

I would add the shoulder barge by Ibrahimovic vs WBA where he clearly looked right at his opponent and leapt directly into him with zero attempt to play the ball. Should have been a straight red. Ibrahimovic also got away with an elbow on Otamendi in the league derby and a back heal to the head of Seamus Coleman in their game against Everton. on top of this you could add his offside goal against West Ham and Mikhitaryan's offside 'wonder goal' (tm the media).

Of all the ones mentioned in the original post the ones about Costa are the worst - he would have missed several games and Chelsea might have struggled without his finishing.

An alternative way of looking at it is that yes, referees are prone to inconsistency and that yes, Rojo could have been sent off but wasn't because the ref for whatever reason did not see it as being a red card. We on the other hand have been fortunate to have better refs than other teams - for instance F25 (twice) and Aguero have been sent off at Eastlands so the ref cannot be described as being a 'homer'.

It is to be hoped that refs get better training, guidance and support from above in order to help them be better refs.

But in order to (finally) answer your question, yes, you are making sense and no, there is no conspiracy. Go back to sleep Tudor, the PL is in control...

kennyclementstache - 4/1/2017 17:54

An alternative way of looking at it is that yes, referees are prone to inconsistency and that yes, Rojo could have been sent off but wasn't because the ref for whatever reason did not see it as being a red card. We on the other hand have been fortunate to have better refs than other teams - for instance F25 (twice) and Aguero have been sent off at Eastlands so the ref cannot be described as being a 'homer'.

It is to be hoped that refs get better training, guidance and support from above in order to help them be better refs.

But in order to (finally) answer your question, yes, you are making sense and no, there is no conspiracy. Go back to sleep Tudor, the PL is in control...

Yep, our better ref sent off two of ours for red card offences but despite being a better ref he failed to send off one of theirs for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and another for slapping one of ours in the face. God bless these better refs and their resistance to be 'homers'.

Fernandinho, City's new evil 'hatchet man'.......

Some perspective on the constant refrain of 3rd red card in seven games' ("oooh, he must be a dirty player" you can hear people say)....

Manchester City and the loss of nuance in football

http://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/manchester-city/manchester-city-and-the-loss-of-nuance-in-football

Good read that, particularly liked his opening paragraph.

Fernandinho has only 5 yellows (including the second yellow against BMG) in 22 appearances this season.

The constant refrain of "3 reds in the last six games" provides zero context and carries the implication that each red was for a similar incident as the most recent one, when in fact they were vastly different. A Cheap second yellow; suckered in by fellow 'professional' - only one poorly judged tackle.

A bit like the myth of "series of high profile blunders" allegedly committed by Bravo you highlighted in a front page response.

Trouble is if you repeat something often enough people start believing it. Just ask Donald Trump.

Does my head in :013:

I just think that had F25 slapped Fabregas, the latter would have gone down like a ton of bricks holding his face and the slap would have been on a loop for days.

there is an agenda

I'm wary of using the term 'agenda', I prefer to use 'approach'.

There does seem to be inconsistencies on how incidents involving City players are viewed and commented on when compared to others :048:

Colin Is The King - 7/1/2017 11:52

I'm wary of using the term 'agenda', I prefer to use 'approach'.

There does seem to be inconsistencies on how incidents involving City players are viewed and commented on when compared to others :048:

You only have to compare how Klopp's responses at his post match press conference sank without trace compared to how Guardiola's required a body language expert

Add one to the United count; Mark Halsey on R5 night b4 last said Young should have been sent off for a bad tackle in the United cup game.

What would Halsey know?

Ian Darke said it was only a yellow as Young didn't go in aerially

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0
Oh and while we're on the subject of Ashley Young, did anyone see the Reading player taking his legs from under him?

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x57pcu0_ashley-young-funny-dive-vs-reading_sport

The reading lad should have a respective red for that, absolutely banged to rights, why are Sky not witch hunting the lad and showing it every 30 secs until he gets an FA hearing about it.

Skoorb - 6/1/2017 09:34

The constant refrain of "3 reds in the last six games" provides zero context and carries the implication that each red was for a similar incident as the most recent one, when in fact they were vastly different. A Cheap second yellow; suckered in by fellow 'professional' - only one poorly judged tackle.

A bit like the myth of "series of high profile blunders" allegedly committed by Bravo you highlighted in a front page response.

Trouble is if you repeat something often enough people start believing it. Just ask Donald Trump.

Does my head in :013:

Or any politician for that matter surely! :014: