Our Away Followings this Season (in Figures) | Vital Football

Our Away Followings this Season (in Figures)

We've always had great away following, when you look at away followings to Priestfield this season: Sutton and Crawley 2-300ish, only just over an hour away. MK 323, Colchester 314 around hour and half to 2 hours away. Then you come down to Morecambe 120, Salford 98, Harrogate 84, Accy 109.

Tonight, Nottingham 3 to 3 and half hours away 953 fans. Compare to Trev's figures above, we are indeed massive!

I said it in another post that we have one or if not the best away support in the division.

Best judge is the head to head. I said some weeks ago that probably only Wrexham and Notts County would bring more to us than them this season, but tonight we took more to Notts on a cold Friday when we were 10th than they took to us on a warm Saturday when they were top. And I’d add we pretty much sold our 1200 allocation to Wrexham straight away with mainly STHs, so they’ll only bring more as we’ll afford them more tickets.

Gillingham really are massive!

When Brad and Shannon are in the country and attend away games, they must look up at the travelling support and comfort themselves that they have bagged a bargain.

The potential they saw is still there and if we do reach the play off final, we will probably take another 30,000 including one game plastics and sell out our allocation for Wembley.

I could even see some of those becoming more regular fans rather than plastics if the new dynamic commercial arm gets to work.

Excellent away following this season. The last home attendance of circa 5,700 for the Walsall game was a bit disappointing, let’s home for more on Tuesday v Swindon.

Our away support is absolute credit in terms of numbers. I only tend to do the local, easy ones now (plus Como) so : Sutton, Crawley, Luton and MK so far. Only really got AFCW left on the radar but might add Mansfield if there is something riding on it.

What is the allocation for Newport and how many have we sold? The media team haven't really said much about this one

Not sure of the allocation, but some comments on Twitter that we have nearly sold out. Only a few single seats left apparently. Surely we could get more unless they gave us the full allocation up front.

Edit - just seen a post on GiTB. Our allocation was 500. Nearly all gone. But pay on the day is available at gate 6, £1 extra.

Last edited: