Otty / Eve / Simba / Leesa | Vital Football

Otty / Eve / Simba / Leesa

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Anyone got one of these new breed of mattresses in a box?

Looking to get a new mattress and I've heard decent things about these, but there are so many to choose from all claiming their technology is the best.

Would be interested to know if anyone has tried them?

We bought an Otty mattress about 6 months ago.

So far, so good. Very happy with it, nice and firm, have definitely slept better since we've had it. We did an offer where you get two free memory foam pillows (worth about £110) when you buy the mattress - better deal than the £50 off they were offering.

I imagine all the different brands are much of a muchness - some friends have Simba and love it - so maybe the decisive factor would be price/finance/special offers - Otty are offering 2 free pillows or £50 off the price at the moment I think.

It's crazy how the vacuum packing reduces the size so much, but once open, it 'grows' (for want of a better word) to it's correct size and although they say it take 48 hours to fully settle, you can sleep on it on the first night. They also take your old mattress away (well, Otty do, but it costs £30).

There is a 100 night free trial, but to be honest, we forgot all about that as we were so happy with the purchase. So I can't vouch for how much/little hassle it would be to return it if you're not happy, but 3 months is pretty fair I'd say.

Nice to hear JPA as Otty was the one we are most seriously considering.

In fact I almost bought it on Sunday as they had a special offer on for the weekend. 2 free pillows AND £25 off (instead of the usual 2 free pillows OR £50 off), but when i got to the point of ordering I was told we couldn't use that offer with 0% finance so I left it.

Good to hear it's firm enough as the issue with our current mattress is definitely the sinkage. it was advertised as medium/firm at the time but is definitley the worst mattress I've ever had. The sides offer no support at all, and it wasn't cheap at the time.

Nat would get one tomorrow... well she's been bugging me about one for months now.... I'm just putting it off as long as possible trying to do my research to find which is best and also get the best deal.

Are the memory foam pillows good?

I hate firm pillows. If I stop in a hotel and it has firm pillows I just don't sleep.

Tend to go for quite expensive Goose Down pillows normally that are soft, bouncy and lovely.

Never tried a memory foam pillow but would imagine them to be very firm and therefore not my cup of tea?

Yes the pillows are firm. Not rock hard, but very supportive. There is some give to it though, so it's firm in a different way to what you might normally call a 'firm pillow'. I've always slept with two pillows, but now only sleep with the memory foam one. Honestly, I love it.

We got ours on 0% finance, and the pillows were part of the deal. Although they didn't come until around 3 weeks after the mattress for some reason.

If firm pillows aren't your bag, it may be better to choose another deal (if there are any) but as I say, I absolutely love ours and as we needed new pillows, it was worth risking it with the freebie. The mattress is top notch though, properly supportive and even if you sit on the edge, it doesn't 'give' in the same way a normal mattress.

Does Dormeo count? I bought one of their mattresses recently, and it is very comfortable. A bargain.

The free pillow, not so much. I find that memory foam pillows can be a bit hit and miss. I tried a few, and found one from Dunelm that was firm enough, without being too firm. Unfortunately, pillows are down to personal preference. My Mum bought the same pillow, and didn't get on with it, so trying for yourself is the only option.

Made the leap.

Went for an Otty as they were doing a special Easter offer of £25 off, 2 free pillows and 0% interest free credit for 12 months.

All in that reduced it from £560 to £425 for the matress, pillows and delivery, payable over 12 months.

Just hope we get on with it now.

Nice one. I'll be amazed if you're not happy with it. We love ours.

Are they still doing the 100-night trial thingy? Can't argue with that really. Although getting it back in the box would be a mission :lol:

yeah they are doing the trial. They all seem to do the trial.

Went for the Otty having signed up to Which to read the reviews. Most of the reviews were good (Simba was the worst), so with not much seperating them we just looked at the firmness ratings.

Leesa, Eve, and Simba seemed too soft. Otty was in the middle.

If we still find it too soft, then the Casper seems to be the firmest, so we could send it back and try that... fingers crossed we just love it though.

I don't find ours too soft - it's spot on imho. And the pillows have softened up a touch so you should be ok with them. Casper was the other one in the running for us too.

Bedding is a very personal choice though isn't it? I'm not too fussy, but have to say, this is by far the best I have ever had.

Good luck mate!

We had a memory foam bed for the first time around 2004. We got a another one last year and we find them excellent . We tried out the firmness at the store and got it spot on for us

Put it in another thread. Bought a mattress at the weekend. We go to a local family run business we have used a few times before. Ended up getting a Mlily memory foam bed. Went for an orthopaedic one as I have a dodgy back, hip and shoulder occasionally. Has memory foam and spring and has silver woven into it which helps with taking away the sweat and odours. Interesting story about Mlily, the only drawback (apart from the price!) is the company are now massively tied in with Man united. Mattress comes rolled up. I never though mattresses were so technical or indeed interesting.

Has anyone bought from Sonno?

I've been thinking about buying a new mattress but I assumed these mattress-in-a-box places didn't operate in Malaysia. Then an ad for Sonno popped up.

Sorry, not heard of Sonno I'm afraid.

In terms of our Otty. I hated it for the first couple of days, espcially the pillow, but we're now about a week into it and I'm getting used to it and sleeping well.

Nat doesn't like it though (it was her idea to get one), so she's going to give it a couple of weeks to see if she gets used to it. The last mattress was too soft... this one too firm.... WOMEN!

The Mlilly mattress, we have had for a week, I am fine with. Nice and firm. Mrs Melon seems to be taking her time to get used it. Indeed WOMEN!