Other Games 23/24 | Page 68 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

Unlike mopo to bottle a semi at Wembley
Chelsea were impressive again yesterday. Conner Gallagher in particular, especially as he had to do a Poch bizarre line up (why he does this at Wembley is a mystery!) and play on the left!?

If Chelsea are losing him in the summer, I hope it's us picking him up, he was their stand-out player.

That said, if they had a no.9, they'd have won it by a good few goals..

They are going to be a real force next season, they're looking like a real team now.

Chelsea were impressive again yesterday. Conner Gallagher in particular, especially as he had to do a Poch bizarre line up (why he does this at Wembley is a mystery!) and play on the left!?

If Chelsea are losing him in the summer, I hope it's us picking him up, he was their stand-out player.

They are going to be a real force next season, they're looking like a real team now.
Palmer looked like he was carrying an injury, was probably a mistake playing him despite him being the main goal threat this season.

As we've discussed before, we are on the same wavelength on Gallagher, would love him at Spurs, he's started to add goals in the second half of the season as well.

He does it as he can't handle the pressure of big games, it seems to fry his brain into doing something stupid

Son LWB/Vorm over Hugo/dropping alli/Walker for West Ham away when we could have taken control of the title run etc etc, Leicester at home that season etc etc.

Villa now 6 points clear and +5 ahead .. yes we have 2 games in hand but we wont catch them now ... I just dont see it after dropping points so easily of recent. The Fulham Wet Spame and Newcastle games has done us more harm than we will think

I increasingly feel that those responsible for the management of VAR operate according to guidelines that favour the defending teams in the case of borderline decisions. Todays VAR decision in the United vs Coventry match was as borderline as it gets, the sort of decision that was so tight that I personally feel that benefit should be given to the attacking team. No doubt the more cynical amongst us would claim that that benefit would have been given to Coventry if they'd been playing anybody else.
Having said that, what we may consider as a pretty mediocre United team have reached yet another Wembley final, along the way they've scored last minute winners against Forest and Liverpool, and after a dreadful first penalty in the semi final shootout, the remaining takers were outstanding at a time when the pressure was at its greatest.
In short, as poor as they look week in week out, they have a winning mentality when it counts that somehow we have to establish, otherwise no matter how much we may improve the squad, we'll continue to be also rans where trophies are concerned.

Villa now 6 points clear and +5 ahead .. yes we have 2 games in hand but we wont catch them now ... I just dont see it after dropping points so easily of recent. The Fulham Wet Spame and Newcastle games has done us more harm than we will think
There is not a season that goes by when we don't drop 12-15 points in fixtures where we should have fared better, and this season has been no different from any other. No matter who we sign and how strong our squad may look on paper, no matter who manages us, for me there will be no genuine improvement until a winning mentality is developed that we clearly still do not have at the moment. Somehow we have to break our duck, after that hopefully success will breed more success.

There is not a season that goes by when we don't drop 12-15 points in fixtures where we should have fared better, and this season has been no different from any other. No matter who we sign and how strong our squad may look on paper, no matter who manages us, for me there will be no genuine improvement until a winning mentality is developed that we clearly still do not have at the moment. Somehow we have to break our duck, after that hopefully success will breed more success.
trouble is we dont train in mentality that well do we - we need that woman from Ted Lasso to come and help