Other Games 23/24 | Page 50 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

Always makes me chuckle seeing Ben White, he stands out with his permanent tan in the middle of winter and his socks which he wears like hold up stockings.
Hold up stockings !!!!!! now there is something that should be brought back .

But not on the football field ,, unless it was on Hackney Marshes , in the close season , on a warm summer night , but not me wearing them . ….. or Ben White !

if I remember correctly Socks , they parked the bus against us , the keeper and back four played like they were possessed and we scored twice in the ridiculous amount of extra time that was being applied back in September . I think Richie scored the winner in the 116 th minute .
We won 2-1.
We huffed and puffed and didn't break them down

Score early and it's easy!

It's as you say, somehow teams seem to get resurgent against us, or their keeper plays a blinder and stops everything.
I distinctly remember, we were top. Of the league coming into the Christmas fixtures around 2/3 seasons ago, we played Palace and their keeper was like a man possesed, next week against Pool (they had the same shot ratio as us) he fekin let 5 in. Like against Wolves a guy who hasn't scored this year bags 2 against us.

U18 result disappointing after such a good start to the season. After consecutive defeats the side had to score late to earn a home draw against a Soton side that had only won one of their previous eight games.