Other Games 23/24 | Page 46 | Vital Football

Other Games 23/24

After watching today's matches....we are nowhere near top 3 quality....and Villa looked pretty solid as well.

I wonder if we will see Donley in the first team?

I can see him going elsewhere for minutes.

Therein lies the challenge. Donley was in an amazing purple patch this season for our U21's and the Eng U19s. In our injury crisis, there were a few games where Ange used 3 subs rather than trust him. He finally gave him 1 min against City to waste time, plus 7 minutes in the FA Cup. I think there were a couple of other very, very late cameos. I doubt he had more than 15 mins in 6-8 weeks with the first team.

As you say, he needs to get himself out on loan and make it extremely difficult for Ange to overlook him.

The only way Arsenal don't win the PL this season is for them to bottle it. Currently they are by far the best team in the league. They've bottled it before but the signing of Rice has made a huge difference for them.
Re my previous post, Arsenal are a perfect illustration of a Club that has set a course, not deviated from it, whereby the manager and players have evolved into an outstanding unit.
When I compare individual players in their first team squad as compared with ours, only Rice and Saka would to my mind walk into our team. Hopefully that turns out to be a good indicator as to where we are eventually heading.

Re my previous post, Arsenal are a perfect illustration of a Club that has set a course, not deviated from it, whereby the manager and players have evolved into an outstanding unit.
When I compare individual players in their first team squad as compared with ours, only Rice and Saka would to my mind walk into our team. Hopefully that turns out to be a good indicator as to where we are eventually heading.

Hope you are right!!! We are a long ways off yet, we can only hope we stay the course, continue to turn over the squad smartly in the windows and our manager learns.

Therein lies the challenge. Donley was in an amazing purple patch this season for our U21's and the Eng U19s. In our injury crisis, there were a few games where Ange used 3 subs rather than trust him. He finally gave him 1 min against City to waste time, plus 7 minutes in the FA Cup. I think there were a couple of other very, very late cameos. I doubt he had more than 15 mins in 6-8 weeks with the first team.

As you say, he needs to get himself out on loan and make it extremely difficult for Ange to overlook him.

Klopp starts 2 kids, brings on 3 kids as subs in a final.

I don't think any of the excuses for not giving our youngsters minutes during our injury crisis carry any weight.

Last edited: